Sub-Chapter 13: Easy to Find What You're Not Looking For

Start from the beginning

Abby cut her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her shaking her head.

“My gosh,” Kadmiel replied casually.

“Kaddy, unlike some people, Abby is mature enough to focus on analyzing her opponent to pick them apart. You’re too busy analyzing how kissable their lips are,” Kel intervened.

“Well excuse me for noticing a work of art when I see one,” she replied propping her feet on an ottoman that sat in front her.

She placed her hands behind her head as she lounged backwards.

“Besides, Abby’s too focus on her new improved little friend Danielle,” she replied looking peripherally at Abby as she spoke. "It's hard for her to think about something else."

Kel chuckled as Abby ignored the comment.

“My gosh, now that was a coming of age,” Kel replied following it with an infatuation filled whistle. “Talk about hot. I didn’t even recognize her.”

Abby’s demeanor was visibly different as she shuffled uncomfortably as an irked facial expression slowly covered her face.

“You think you could put in a good word for me,” Kel continued to poke insensitively.

Kadmiel let out a provoking laugh.

“With the way those two fell out, you’re better off speaking to her yourself,” she replied.

Kel turned to Abby at the sound of Kadmiel’s words.

“What do you mean?” Kel replied sitting forward. "What happen with you two?"

Abby ignored his comments and began to walk toward the front door. As she did I turned to see a light emanating in the center of the floor in the shape of a door. Slowly two light bodies began to form until I could finally make out who it was. Sean stood standing with a kid half his size as the light dicipated.

“Well, bout time superstar,” Kel replied rising to meet him.

“Yeah, Sean, where were you?” Abby seconded approaching him.

Sean patted the head of the short kid standing next to him. The kid looked even younger than the twins. He wore a back pack that was seven tenths the size of his whole body. He wore big glasses that covered most of his face.

“Christian wanted to learn the ‘ebeh Kaph technique I learned a couple of weeks ago,” Sean replied.

They all stared at the kid as he sniffled and dusted himself off. He looked like the biggest geek in history. He didn’t say hi or even acknowledge the rest of the people in the room.

“Is he supposed to even be here,” Abby asked.

“Like they would even find out,” Kel replied patting the kid on the back. “This kid is probably the best wormhole conductor at his age level in years. This kid could pinpoint a position on a plane flying at G-force speed.”

The kid was dry as dry could get in his demeanor. He didn’t even look at Kel as he spoke he just stared at Sean.

“Alright Chris, I’ll see you in a few days and I’ll continue to show you the finer points of the technique, okay,” Sean replied.

The kid didn’t say a word. He just vanished as the rest of the legion continued like they were accustomed to his weird behavior.

“That kid is so weird,” Abby replied. “He gives me the creeps.”

Sean shook his head with a chuckle and tossed his bag on a nearby chair.

“He’s a cool kid, he’s just a little eccentric,” he replied sitting down.