We walked out of the shop empty handed, well I did my mum insisted on buying a pair of shoes she didn't need.

"So how's school?"

"Fine." I replied. The conversation was forced as we walked down the streets in the cool autumn air. The wind swept through our hair, luckily mine was up or else it would have been in my face right now flossing my teeth every time I would try and speak.

"Your art teacher said you were top of the class."

"I like art." I replied.

"I know, I've seen your bedroom." She laughed. "It's good. Really good." She said, startling me.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"You have talent." She said.

"Oh well thanks." I said, not really knowing what to say.

"What about maths, not so good?" She asked.

"It's not my best su-Oh my god." I said, stopping in my tracks.

"What?" My mum asked concerned.

"That one."

"What?" She repeated.

"That's the dress." I said running up to the shop.

"The pink one in the window?" She asked confused.

"No." I said dragging her into the shop. "This one." I said picking up a black and red dress.

"Wow." My mum said, breath taken from the dress.

"I need to try it on." I said, looking for the changing rooms.

"Never would I have thought that I would hear you desperate to try a dress on." She spoke under her breath in astonishment.

"Wow." She said again as I stepped out of the dressing room. "It's perfect."

"I never thought I would actually like a dress but I have to have this one."

"How much is it?"

"350." I replied.

"Anything for my only daughter." She responded.

Friday night came around to fast for my liking. "Come on, you need to get ready." My mum ushered me into my room to 'doll' me up. I had already showered and my hair was wrapped up in a towel high on my head. "Okay well I was thinking of leaving your hair down for a change, your natural waves are to die for." She said reaching for the towel.

"Urm, I sorta wanted to put it up." I said.

"You always wear it up, why not something different for a change?" She said brushing through my hair.

"Fine, okay." I sighed, not in the mood to argue; up or down I would still have to go. My mum left my hair to dry while she went on to apply my makeup. "Don't make me look like a clown." I said, pushing her hand away from my face before she did anything.

"Trust me." She said sincerely.

"Okay, work your magic." I said unenthusiastically.

"There, you can look now." She said after half an hour of prodding my face with several different products. My skin was all one tone and had a slight tint of red to bring out my cheek bones, other than that I was happy I didn't look orange. My eyes were coated with grey and black eye shadow accompanied by black eyeliner. It really made my eyes stand out. "Do you approve?" She questioned looking eager for an answer.

"I do." I said getting up.

"Woah, I need to finish your hair." My mum said planting my butt on the chair.

"I thought I was leaving it down." I said confused.

"Yeah, but I need to brush it first, you'll soon have an afro." She joked.

"Oh." I replied, checking over my phone. Nothing.

"Expecting a text?" My mum asked looking over my shoulder.

"No." I sighed.

"Sure." She said not believing me. "Okay, cover your eyes and don't breathe for a sec." She said picking up the hairspray bottle and spraying around my hair. She sprayed enough to create another hole in the ozone layer above our house.

"Bloody hell." I said once she finished.

"Right, you can put your dress on now; Harry will be here any second."

"Joy." I replied sarcastically.  I went into my bathroom and slipped on my dress and black stilettos. I gazed at myself in the mirror, I looked completely different, I was barely recognisable. My eyes stood out amongst my other facial features. My long dark wavy hair reached ¾'s of the way down my back and front. The heels made me look remarkable taller and I have to say, not being vain but the dress hugged me in the right places. Before I got distracted by a different me I walked back into my bedroom.

"Oh my goodness." My mum gushed, covering her face with her hands. I'm not sure but I think I might have seen a tear escape her eye. Before I could ponder anymore on that thought the doorbell rang. Oh crap. I didn't realise I was nervous until I realised other people will have to see me like this, I don't think anyone knew I was going, let alone with Harry. What would Harry think? I don't know why I cared about his opinion; I guess it was just satisfaction. The butterflies in my stomach mounted as I made my way to the door.

Happy new year!

Dress should be on the side >

Thanks for reading! :3