three | maybe love at first sight

Copyright © jackie taylor 2014-2016

All Rights Reserved

"Physically, I'm okay. Emotionally, I'm bruised." - Harry Styles

WHEN Annie was younger, her mother told her the story of how she met her father. June described to her daughter how she felt when she first saw him, how in that one second the whole world seemed to be just the two of them and everything else didn't matter. She was a young wolf at the time, had only shifted a year before. Annie's father, Will, was the son of the Callisto Pack's Alpha and was sure to find his mate soon. However, they never expected it to be each other.

From that moment on they loved and adored each other. Annie's mom told her that when she would meet her mate, she would feel the connection she felt. It would be like time stopped and the only thing she would see would be her mate. Their eyes would meet and everything would be right in the world.

Her mom was definitely right.

All Annie could think about were his is chocolate brown eyes. How they look at her with adoration. How they held love and lust and pain. How they changed from a deep, chocolate brown to black, but they soon went back to the chocolate brown ones. His wolf stood tall and proud, ready to pounce on her at any given moment. Annie's wolf was awake, full of sadness but a touch of hope.

And then he was walking towards her. "Mine," he growled.

He stopped right in front of Annie. She had to crane her neck to see his face due to his towering height. His arms wrapped around her and Annie was suddenly tingling from the contact. Her heart was beating wildly, and as she pressed against him, she was sure he could feel and hear it, too. Annie's arms wrapped around his waist, pulling him closer to her. She breathed in his intoxicating scent.

"Mate," he whispered into her ear. His voice was husky and thick, which sent shivers up Annie's spine.

As he held Annie, she looked past him to the crowd of people. Everyone was cheering and clapping, smiles all around. Lily was hugging her mom and Max was holding onto Cindy's hand with a proud smile.

Max turned to the crowd and gestured towards Annie and their Alpha. "Our Alpha has found his mate!"

The pack went wild. The Alpha was their leader, the one who was willing protect his pack at any costs. He was dominant, extremely powerful, and proficient. Their Luna was strong and a leader, as well. But she was also the face of the pack, the one who was kind and caring. And now the Crescent Pack has both an Alpha and Luna to lead them.

Annie's mate pulled away and looked at her, his smile never fading. He wrapped his large, rough hand in Annie's, making her hand tingle from the contact. He turned and tugged Annie into the house, directing her up the stairs.

On the fifth floor, he took Annie to the last room at the end of the middle hallway. Holding the door open for her, Annie walked into a room six times the size of what she was given earlier. The room was elegant, with hard wood floors, and light blue and soft grey walls. A king size bed was up against the right wall and a flat screen TV and fireplace were across from it. There were two doors on both sides of the TV, which probably lead to a bathroom and closet. A small sitting area with a desk was off to the side. Across the room were double doors, leading to a small balcony that gave a view of the backyard and forest.

The Alpha stood in front of her and cupped her cheeks. "I've waited so long to finally meet you," he said eagerly. "And here you are, the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."