25

"Aish. Why doesn't Mr. Park ever pick up his phone? WE HAVE 3 PATIENTS HERE. WHERE THE FK IS HE?!" Lee Sung Kwan stomped his foot very angrily.

"I wish Soojin was back at work already. Then I would have less work to do!"

"I'm here."

Sung Kwan turned around to see Soojin with a hair tie sticking out of her teeth. She gathered up her hair as she checked the CT scan he just completed. Then she walked out the door tightening her ponytail.

"Book an operating room for me. Thanks!" She called.

Sung Kwan scratched his head in frustration.

"She's going to get in trouble if she conducts another surgery alone again without the higher-ups permission... Let me call Mr. Park one more time."
He dialed his number.

After two rings, he picked up.

"Hello?"

"MR. JIMIN PARK. I HAVE BEEN CALLING YOU NONSTOP. This is the 12th time I called you!" He hissed through the phone.

"Oh sorry. I was recording my new album. Is there something you need?"

"We have 2 patients waiting for you here. Fellow Soojin is planning on conducting a surgery on one of them but I don't know if it's okay with the rules because they are your patients..."

Jimin practically leaped for joy. Soojin's okay! And she's working now!

"Tell Soojin to wait. I'll be right there."

"Okay... Would you like to speak to her?"

"I'll just call her. It's fine."

He hung up.

Jimin dialed her number with shaking hands.

"Hello?"

"SOOJIN! You didn't tell me you were discharged! Are you okay?"

She laughed. "I'm totally fine. One of your patients needs an urgent surgery. She's in a critical condition. Do you want me to start the surgery now or wait for you to come? How far away from the hospital are you?"

"I'm at bighit right now and we're still in the process of recording the album. It might take a while."

"Okay. Then can I just conduct the surgery? There isn't much time."

"Go ahead. But be careful."

"I will."

"I love you."

Soojin froze at those three words.
Wh-What did he just say?

"Wait. Say that again?"

"I love you." he repeated.

There was a long moment of silence.

"...Aren't you going to say it back?"

"Oh-h ri-right. Love you too..."

He laughed a bit.

"Thanks. Bye."

Soojin sighed and twirled her hair around her finger.

Well, I guess we're moving on fast through this relationship... this is weird...

5 hours later

Soojin wiped the sweat from her brow with her sleeve.

"Bipolar."

She stuck out her hand.