1

He sat up suddenly.

Then fell back down, holding his head in pain.

"MOM!" he screamed.

"What?" His mother opened the door, spatula in one hand and a cracked eggshell in the other.

"Can you please get rid of that stupid cabinet?" He pointed to the cupboard attached over his bed. "Whenever I wake up, my head bangs against it and-," he touched his head gingerly, "AISH- it hurts really bad."

"Awww our chubby little Jimin can't handle a little injury. He's so grown up!" His mother smirked at him, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

He glared at her.

She glared right back, "빨리 준비하십시오 [Get ready quickly (honorific form)]."

She slapped him in the head with the spatula, mockingly bowed at him, and stalked out of the room in a huff.

"AISH mom, you got olive oil all in my hair," he yelled.

"That's what you deserve for making the eggs burn and now there's smoke everywhere. Park Jimin, this is your fault!" she yelled back. "Don't you dare leave the house without cleaning the kitchen. Olive oil is supposed to be good for your hair anyways so use it well."

Jimin rubbed his head and scowled.

Great. He thought. This is the perfect look to start the first day of school with: a bump on my forehead and oil in my hair.

He studied himself in the bathroom mirror. Chubby cheeks as usual, but he was slowly- as he put it- "growing" a jawline. His normally flat brown hair stuck out everywhere, showing a mix of bedhead and olive oil. A bump was rising in the middle of his forehead, looking like an abnormally big, red, throbbing pimple. He flushed his face and hair with water, hoping to wash away the remains of what happened that morning. No such luck.

What a genius. He thought sarcastically, as the water just made the whole thing worse. The oil slid down his face. Oil and water don't mix, genius. He face palmed, and oil went all over his hand.

Agh whatever. Taehyung and Jungkook are waiting for me outside. I better hurry before-

"YAH PARK JIMIN! COME DOWN ALREADY. WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!"

Jimin looked frantically around his room for a towel. He rubbed his hair, grabbed his blazer, and bolted down the stairs.

"Well, that took you forever," Jungkook grinned at his hyung's oily hair.

"Yeah, your mom almost made us eat the burned eggs," Taehyung made a face.

"Shut up both of you," Jimin picked up his book bag.

The door closed behind them.

The smoke alarms went off.

"PARK JIMIN GET BACK HERE!"

"Shoot, I forgot to clean the kitchen."

Jungkook and Taehyung laughed as a boy was dragged back into the house by the ear by a very infuriated lady with a spatula.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She brushed her hair.

Again.

She straightened her skirt.

Again.

She counted her pencils.

Again.

She made her bed.

Then she messed it up.

Then she made it again.

Snap out of it Lee Soojin! She told herself. It's only the first day of school.

A new school. She gulped. Even the mention of a new school made her nervous.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror, chewing her nails.

Okay. Calm. You need. To calm down. She let out a breath that she did not realize she had been holding. She picked up her backpack, slung it over her shoulder, and walked down the long, winding steps.

"Good bye," she said to nobody.

Her dad was already at work.

She sighed, fingering the black strap of her backpack.

Today is going to be a long day. She thought.

It was a long day indeed.

A/N: HELLO MY CHILDREN.

So as you all know, this is my first story :)

wish me luck!

Italicized means that the characters are thinking their individual thoughts just in case anyone gets mixed up lol. Also, He is always Jimin, and she is always Soojin for the next few chapters.

Please comment down belowwww!!

Go Jimin KILL THOSE HIGH NOTES.

IM ALSO SUPER EXCITED FOR THEIR COMEBACK ON MAY 2ND. SQUEEEEE

okay I'm done boring the crap out of ya'll now. Bye felikas.