Chapter Twenty-One

Piper's POV

I sit in the dark as the tiny spark of light only comes from the bulb hanging by a string . My mind wanders over how much time has past and how much I have left. Maybe I was wrong maybe I can't do this, maybe I should just-

*buzzzzzz* I sit up looking around from where the sound may be coming from. *buzzzzzzz* I feel around and find the object in which the sound was coming from, my phone.

It's too early for this crap. " Hello." I groan. " Hello deary nice to finally talk to you. " I mentally face palm. " Listen, I know I gave you my number but seriously dude. Don't actually call. I mean re-" I get cut off by a chuckle.

" oh come on Charlotte don't you know who I am?" My heart sinks, I've never given anyone that name, ever. " What do you want Lucifer?" I sneer. " Oh dear, I think you already know. I want those Winchesters and I want your pitiful lives as my own." I give a bitter laugh.

" Funny, you're funny. Cause guess what morning star, not gonna happen." I check around the bunker, checking for any sign of him. "Don't worry Dear, I'm not in that silly little hole. I'm planning."

I give a bitter chuckle. " What a birthday party? You think you're so cunning and smart but just remember that we aren't good. That the only way to fight fire is with fire." He gives a sly sneer. " Well I guess we'll see soon." I hang up and start closing the blinds and looking around for any sign of entrance. I grab Lucky out of the dresser and start clearing rooms, eventually making my way into the living area. Nothing. I walk out of bunker wing and down the hall to the main living room.

Everyone sits chatting everyone except Dean. They don't notice as I stand in the doorway, they laugh and talk about life. As if I wasn't there. Sarah sat rubbing her stomach and I couldn't help but smile. She died 3 days before my second birthday. I don't remember her as much as I'd like too. I remember the stories and the love that was there but... I can't fully say that I knew her. Not that to this day that I do.

I jump when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn and see Dean. His bold face on and hard as per usual but his eyes and touch are gentle. " We need to talk." I mutter. He nods and ever so gently guides me into his room. I sit on the bed with my head in my hands. He takes a seat across from me.

" I have to tell you something." I say quietly, not daring to look at him. " Can I go first? Please I just- I need to say something." I bring myself to glance at him and simply nod.

" I don't usually do this kind of thing. So I don't really know what to say." He rubs at his neck and gets up. " I need you to understand that I never meant to hit you. I never meant for anything of this. I was just- I was so angry. I mean I never thought I'd get this. I never thought I'd have a fiancé let alone a baby on the way." He looks at me with lonely eyes. Tired like the ones that I've come to know .

"Kid, I care about you. You're like a daughter to me." I almost laugh, if he only knew. " I can't lose them - I can't. I couldn't take it. That being said, it'd kill me if I lost you too. Especially over something I did." My eyes look up to meet his big wet ones. " I'm a mess. I'll let you down in more ways than You can count. I'll hurt you- but I'll be damned if I didn't say I care about you. If I could I would take it back hitting you. But I can't." I stand up without realizing it.

" I'm garbage Piper. I'm a mess and I'm broken and I've done this before. I had a family and I put them in danger. I put them there. And look where they are!? They're all dead or gone! What am I supposed to do? I don't know what to do!" He paces the room and grabs at his hair. I grab him before he can hurt himself or before I break down. I turn him towards me and take him by the shoulders.

" Listen to me Dean Winchester. You have saved the planet a million times over. You have risked and sacrificed your life for your brother more times than I can count. You have to be the most selfless person I've ever met. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't care about yourself." I can feel my own tears caress down my face.