Chapter Fifteen

Charlie's POV

" So sugar did you tell them yet?" Gabriel asks leaning against the outside wall beside me. " Of course not." I take a puff of my cigarette. " and what happens when poor Sammy boy and Dean find out about the next batch of demon blood kids?" I shake my head breathing out smoke. " I'll deal with it, I told them I was going on an arachnid hunt."

I had lied to them about the hunt, I would have never gotten out of I didn't. " Smart Sugar. So did you miss me?" He jokes. " Oh of course I did , I couldn't bare to go another day without you my dear boy." I say like a damsel in distress. " He chuckles now sitting on the ground beside me. " Really, well then I guess I better stay forever then." I smile, in a way hoping that maybe he would. " Guess so sweet cheeks." I wink at him and he just grins back at me. It was dark, around nine thirty. The stars were out and they looked pretty. I put out my ciggy and looked up.

" Whatcha lookin at babe?" The pet name makes my heart jump a smidge. Ever since the stupid djinn I can't help but look at him differently. " The sky. That's Jupiter. That's the Little Dipper. And that... That's my star." It was the shiniest in the sky.  " You remember that , huh?" He looks at me with a smile plastered across his face. " Yeah it was me and Cas, we were watching the stars as always and he pulled a certificate saying the star was mine. I hugged him and wouldn't let go." I conceal the smile creeping up on my face.

" You're dad can be a real ass sometimes, you know that?" I change the topic. He snickers at this. " Of course I know that. What father isn't an ass though?" My smile falters. " Mine."

***Flashback******

It was November, the breeze was chilly and it had already began to snow. Mom and dad had decided to take me out to go ice skating, I was only a few months old by now and yet dad tried with all his might to help me stand. But I slipped and slid across the ice , much to both of their amusement. The night ended with both of them exhausted and me sleeping in between them.

 The night ended with both of them exhausted and me sleeping in between them

***PRESENT DAY*****

I smile fondly at the story. " I beg to differ." He grunts under his breathe and I playfully hit his shoulder. " Okay he was an ass sometimes but he did his best." He looks at me with sincerity. I knew deep down that he thought differently but didn't dare to speak up and argue with me.
That's what I love about him. wait! Hold the fucking phone! Did I just say I love? I said love. Oh god I love him. A year of dealing with all of him and I love him. Oh my god I'm in love with an angel.

My heart feels like it stops as he lays there with me, eventually taking my hand in his as we stare at the stars. " How is Cassie?" I mumble he turns his head to look at me. " Sad, desperate. You might as well be his own Charles." I can't help but frown. " I miss him Gabe. This isn't the same. This Cas isn't my Cassie. He doesn't look at me the same way." I don't cry, I won't cry. " Oh honey, give it six more months and you'll see that Cas." He says pulling me into his chest. I chuckle.