Chapter Four

Charlie's POV

I made a mistake by pulling out the book. I saw the expressions on their faces when I did but hopefully they don't think too hard. Nothing explains this. Any of it, mythical creatures, the children. Why, anyone or anything can do this. Yet I can't judge, because I've done worse and will proceed to do so. I told them the morals of my story. Things that could get me caught, but I didn't dare mention him. I wouldn't dare. I left him. Alone. To think that I was dead, to deal with dad. I left him when he needed me and made a selfish decision that hurt him. I don't deserve to mention him because he's the one who picked me off the floor when I fell. ....But I'm the one who's suppose to do that, pick him off the ground. Protect him. Instead he took care of me. I failed him. Hurt him. And I will never be able to make that up to him and for that reason, I don't dare mention him.

After practically forcing Sam to go to sleep I try to find something, anything. It's five thirty...maybe I should just go to sleep. It doesn't matter, I wouldn't be able to anyway. My phone buzzes. ' Come outside.- Gabriel.' I get up quietly , trying carefully not to awaken the sleeping boys. I slip through the door feeling like a teenager, not that I ever had anything like this. In fact I never had anythimg remotely near this. Hands go around my eyes before I can turn around. " Nice try asshat." I remove his hands and turn to face him. " So what's up?" I ask leaning against the door. " Well I have some information on your case." I raise a brow. " Ah Gabe, you make me all tingly when you take control." I grin at him while he rolls his eyes.

" Meadow witches, they are like robin hoods. Take children away from parents who are 'undeserving.' They steal from the rich, the twist is they do it for their own purposes. I suggest you start looking at women who have lost a child recently and who are most likely trying to support themselves." He sits against the hood of Baby and if he hadn't just helped me I would have slapped him. " Thanks , weirdo." I smile at him, placing my hands against my back. " No problem, that's what I'm here for Charles." He comes over and leans on the wall trying to be cool but fails miserably. " Shh, we can't wake them up!" I giggle at his failure as he yelps after falling.

Instead of helping him up I sit beside him, without realizing it I lay my head on his shoulder. "Do they know?" He asks. I look up to him, still resting my head on his shoulder. " No, they don't need to know. Not now at least...hopefully not ever." It's true I don't think I could risk them finding out. We sit there for a minute. " Charlie-" Gabe whispers. " I know. " I whisper and look back up at him. " I know." He looks at me like a puppy, lovingly. He stands and brings me to his chest and lays a kiss on the top of my head. " Call me if you need anything, I'll check in soon." I grab his arm before he can disappear. " Gabe, please be careful." He smiles sadly and nods. Soon enough he's gone. I sigh opening the door and locking it behind me.

Sadly I came in before it started raining. The thunder roars outside. I sit at the laptop while trying to do some research on these 'meadow witches'. I type little notes all over the laptop and start jotting it down in my notebook. I start to hum hey Jude without realizing it. Dad used to sing it to me when I couldn't sleep. I always wanted to play in the rain , even at 4:39 in the morning. He used to sing me to sleep every night. I smile at the memory as I start to quietly sing.

I look through the photos on my laptop. Old, but they were everything to me. Everything. I finish working and shut my laptop while letting out a yawn. I turn around and jump to see Dean staring at me. " Sorry I didn't know, I thought you were asleep." I whisper. " No it's fine, It was nice. My mom used to sing that song to me when I was little." I can't help but show a sincere smile.