Chapter 14

Your POV

"Whaaattt??? Stop bein' such a dry shite!" Jack said with a bloody nose.

"What does that even mean?" Said one of the guards.

"It means you have no sense of humor!" Jack replied with a laugh. The man scowled and walked away.

Jack came strutting up to me, wiping blood off his face.

"Top of the mornin' to ya lass." He said to me, then he walked off to go do his assigned job.

We all have assigned jobs. Mine is to watch the dogs, except Max of course. He's been dragged off away from me to do whatever hellish thing they're making him do. Mark's job is to guard the gates. He doesn't get a gun, but his muscular body can scare off any visitors who come by just to say hello. Jacks job is to cook the food, believe it or not, he's a good cook. He also got in trouble for eating some of the food that he made. And then Dan and Phil's jobs are to clean the office. Which is our ticket out of here.

I was busy playing with the dogs when somebody came running out.

"Alright, alright! Listen up ye maggots," he said. It is obvious he's an Irishman. "We've lost two lads taday to a walker lurkin' in the aisles. Be on the lookout." He said, and walked away.

One of the dogs brought a squeaky toy towards me and dropped it at my feet.

"Aww, hey little buddy. Do you wanna-" I bent down to pick up the ball when I smelled something foul. Something awful. Something that smelled so bad, It reminded me of the dead. I thought it was just the giant wall of walkers, but then I realized that it was way closer.

I picked up the toy. It made a weird squishing sound when I touched it.

I tore it open with ease, the stench getting worse. Then I noticed what it was that smelled so bad.

Human intestines rested inside the ball, sliding out carefully. I dropped it, and the dog began to eat it.

I stared at it, petrified at what they are most likely feeding these dogs. Then I threw up everywhere, and another dog came by to lap it up. Luckily, the guards didn't notice. These people are sick. We have to get out of here.

I looked at the sky. Noon. I'm off my work shift.

I began to walk away quickly, and I ran into someone.

"(Y/N)!!",screamed Dan.

"Dan?" I asked. "Aren't you supposed to be getting the weapons?" I whispered.

"That's why I'm here. To deliver them." He said, and he handed me a machete and a handgun that I took from that chick. Britt? I think that's what her name was.

"Thanks pal." I said, and walked off.

Then I heard and obvious Jack scream.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHA!!"

I ran towards the scream to see Jack being held by his neck. His captor was the same man he called a dry shite.

"Let go a me ye bollix!" He choked out.

"What's that even mean?!" He spat.