I Don't Feel Lucky

Maddi lay on the floor. She could feel herself slowly dying. She was going to see Ziggy. She couldn't wait. She would be with him and Freddie again.

***
Sandy had left Millie and Ella with Jack. She and Joe were going to find Maddi. No matter what it took. "You don't think she's done anything stupid do you?" Joe asked.

"No. She's got Millie and Ella now. Why would she?" Sandy replied. In truth, she was in denial.

Joe just agreed but he knew it was a possibility. Maddi had been unstable since Ziggy died. He didn't want his sister hurting herself.

***
Maddi could barely make out the front door. She was going and she knew it. "Wait for me Ziggy."

***
Sandy and Joe returned home. They saw a note with Maddi's handwriting-

Mum, Joe & Twins.
I'm so sorry. I've had to go and be with Ziggy. I miss him too much. It breaks my heart that I'm leaving you without properly saying goodbye. I know If I see anyone then it will make me change my mind.

I want to go. I can't stay strong anymore. I'm selfish. I know I am. I have Millie and Ella. They should be a reason but, I will end up messing them up too.

Please look after my girls. They meant so much to me.
All my undying love,
Maddi Brielle Roscoe
X

"She's going to kill herself."

Immediately, Joe took off to the boat. He ran there as quick as he could with Sandy following.

When they arrived there, they saw the door was slightly open, they barged in. Joe saw Maddi lying on the floor. "Maddi!"

***
Maddi was rushed to A&E. Celine was her doctor. "She's had an overdose," Joe said. He saw the empty pill containers on the floor surrounding Maddi.

Celine and a few other doctors began their work on Maddi. Sandy and Joe had to wait outside. "Where's Mark? He should be here," Sandy said.

Joe saw the TV and frowned. "Mum. Look."

Sandy looked up and saw what Joe saw.

Police are on the lookout for Mark Savage. Wanted of suspected murder. Savage is thought to have pushed his brother William Savage off the roof of Dee Valley hospital.
No word yet on Mark's location but police are warning people to be vigilant

Sandy was shocked. "I don't believe it one bit," she said. She was refusing to believe it.

"Mum, it's on the news. I don't think the police would lie," Joe said. 

"They lied about Freddie attempting to kill Fraser," Sandy retorted.

***
Robbie and Jason arrived at the Hospital. They saw their mum and Joe. "What's happened?" Robbie asked.

"Maddi's taken an overdose."

Both boys were shocked. They sat down next to Joe. Jason got his phone and text Holly -

Mads has attempted suicide. She took an OD - Jx
Is she gonna be alright? I'll leave Emma and Leo with Dirk and come to you -Hx
No. Stay with the twins. Mum isn't too happy -Hx
Right. Well, give me an update. I'll tell people - Hx
Thanks babe. Love you so much -Jx

Jason sent the text and sighed. He was so glad that he had Holly.

***
Hollie was in the pub. She went over to Mac. "Can you make an announcement?" She asked.

"Yeah sure. What is it?"

Holly told Mac the announcement and sat back with the twins and Dirk.

Mac sighed and spoke. "A few hours ago, Maddi Roscoe attempted suicide. She took an overdose. She's currently in A&E fighting for her life. Maddi has two young girls at home waiting for her to come home. So can we think about them as well as Maddi."

Everyone was in shock. They all adored Maddi. Grace, who was sitting in the corner of the pub felt anger that she hasn't been told about her sister.

***
It was two hours later when Celine came out. Sandy stood first. "We've pumped her stomach and bandaged the cuts. She's awake but not talking."

Sandy went into the room where her daughter was. She was followed by her three sons. "Maddi! Thank god you're alright. You're so lucky to be alive."

"I don't feel lucky," Maddi mumbled. She looked up. "W-Where's Millie and Ella?"

"They're with Jack and Frankie," Sandy told her. She knew she would have to tell Maddi about Dodger.

Maddi frowned. "Why aren't they with Dodger? He should have them!"

Sandy sighed. She looked at the boys who nodded. They left. Sandy looked at her daughter. "Dodger has gone on the run. He's been accused of murdering Will Savage by pushing him off the hospital roof."

Maddi broke down crying. She was in bits. "He's left me?"

"I'm so sorry love. I wish there was something I could do to make this better," Sandy said.

***
Sandy had gone home so Maddi got out of bed and went to the phone.

"This is Dodger, I'm not available right now. Leave me a message and I'll get back to you."

Maddi felt tears hit her. "Dodge, it's me. I know you've probably ditched your phone because of the police after you but in the small chance you haven't, please come home. I can't do this without you. I need you and I love you. Please just come back. We can get through this. I love you."

Maddi hung up and broke down. Celine came over and put Maddi back into bed. "You need your rest."

***
Sandy had gotten Millie and Ella back from Jack. They were both confused and upset. "Joe, Maddi is coming back here to live. Is her room clean?" Sandy asked.

"Yeah mum. It's been the same since she left. I can go out and get whatever she needs," replied Joe.

Sandy smiled. "Go over to the boat and grab her stuff. Get the girls too. We need to make them feel at home."

***
Maddi cried in bed. She didn't want to be without Dodger. She loved him. A lot."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N - Well, here's the first chapter.
I'm thinking of a new love interest for Maddi. Who do you think?

•Nathan Nightingale
•OC
•Warren Fox ( Maddi goes bad)
•Joel

Tell me your thoughts.

Hope you liked!!