c h a p t e r | s e v e n

Start from the beginning

"Go back to your house and get your things, Ava. You are in danger now." My eyes grow wide.

"What do you mean? I can't just up and disappear! What about my brother? And my parents?"

"They will be safer with you no longer near them, and you will be safer with Dean and Sam."

"Who's Sam?" I ask.

"He is Dean's brother," Castiel says in a tone suggesting the information was obvious. He looks around. "We need to get going, now." Castiel gets out from the car and goes to my side, about to open the door before I lock it. It only takes a second for the door to unlock and him to pull me from the seat.

"At least let me get my brother!" I snap at Castiel. He lets go of my arm and allows me to grab my brother. Any normal person would wonder why I'd grab my brother and continue on with a shady man I'd just met. Well, get off your high horse, because I'm not.

From the backseat I grab my backpack and pull Henry into my arms. I shut the door calmly then take off running in the opposite direction. In the moment I wish I was the sporty friend and Ariana was the one that sat around watching Netflix all day and night. However, my lungs became ice sickles and my arms and legs were immediately tired from the extra weight of the toddler I was carrying.

While improvising my quick plan, I hadn't thought about Castiel's little poof-ing powers. The idea was came back to my brain when Castiel poofed in front of me. "Ava, please," he says, grabbing my arm again.

"Help!" I scream loudly. "Help me!"

"Quiet! Someone could hear you!" Castiel snaps, pulling me in the direction of my house. That's the point, Sherlock.

I continue screaming help until he reaches the front door. Not even attempting to use my key, he just kicks the door down. I wonder if it occurs to him somebody will have to pay for that.

He leads me straight to my room, opening the door for me. What a gentleman, I think sarcastically. "Get only what you need and let's get going." I don't move. "Go!" He urges. Giving in, I set Henry on my bed and start packing only what I need, like he said. I asked question after question. When I looked at Castiel for an answer, he would be looking at the stairs like he was just waiting for someone to come running up the stairs.

I made sure to replace my homework with my phone charger, my journal, the letter, and the photo. I had no idea what to tell Mom and Dad. They would for sure be angry that I allowed this man to kidnap me. However, would it really be kidnapping since I'm still choosing to go? I'm not sure.

Once I was finished, I had a duffle bag and my backpack. "What now?" I say. Castiel turns his attention to me briefly.

"We can't drive, it's too dangerous." He monotones.

"I'm not doing your little poof trick," I tell him. No debate there. Who knows what could happen? "I need to leave a note for my parents."

"It's safer for them not to know where you're going."

"Where am I going?" I ask, my head tilted.

"To Sam and Dean," he answers. He reaches for my arm, but I'm quick to snatch it away.

"You are not dragging me," I say. "Besides, what do I do about my brother? I'm supposed to watch him."

"Do you have friends?"

"I'm offended," I joke. His face remains serious. "Of course I have friends."

"We'll stop and you can leave him there." And that's what we do. We get in my car and I drive to Ariana's. I make sure to call and ensure she, or her parents, is home. Her dad is home with Titus. I quickly ditch my poor brother with at my best friend's house and leave again.

"Where to now?" I ask.

"You need to get out," he demands, already exiting the vehicle.

"What?" I shout, flying out as well. "How are we gonna get where we're going?"

"We're going to, as you called it, poof." Castiel said, his voice lacking a serious amount of humor.

Before I can protest, he's grabbed my arm and I feel dizzy for a moment before we come back somewhere I'd never been. "Where are we?" I ask when I finally calm down.

"Louisiana," We were standing outside of a motel apparently called Hot Spots Motel. It looked worn down and grimy.

"Is this where my dad lives?" I inquire further, disgust apparent in my tone.

"No," His inability to answer how I'd like irks me, but I refrain from asking anymore questions. He begins leading me in a beeline for a door that most likely had my dad waiting behind it. Room 247. He pulls out a key and opens the door.

I half expect my father to see me, run towards me, and hug me. The other result is him either not caring or not even being there. In which case, I'd demand to be taken back to Minnesota.

When the door was finally opened, I only see one person sitting at a small table in the corner. Dark hair that is longer than most mens', a plaid button up shirt, jeans, and staring into a laptop screen. I quickly can assume this isn't Dean Winchester. He looks up and sees who's at the door. Probably expecting someone else, his face falls into one of confusion.

"Cas, who's that?" He asks. He shuts the laptop screen down and stands up. Oh my good Lord is he tall!

"Ava," Castiel, or Cas, responds. The other man's face changes once more into something more positive. I have no time to analyze before I'm pulled into a giant bear hug by this man I've never met.

With my backpack and duffle bag still over my shoulders, I am still somehow able to push him away. "Who are you?" I ask in a tone more rude than I'd meant it to be.

"I'm Sam," he says. "I'm your uncle."

And my jaw basically hits the floor.

I apologize if this chapter seems a bit rushed, I just wanted to get her from point a to point b as quickly as I could. I thought about including Dean, but partial cliffhangers are fun. Hope you liked it! Bye!