22 // On Top

I'm giving you guys an update so fast because the comments you guys are leaving are seriously making my day, I'm cracking up. Keep the sass coming, please. I love you all to death. We're almost at a quarter hunned thousand, YEET.

Next stop, one million reads.

It's a long one, you're weeeeelcome :) 

_________

I chased after Damien through the corridor, and followed him by the angry slams of doors. Of course, he had taken refuge in his office, just like he usually did. When I came to the grand doors, I hesitated as my hand rested on the handle. 

Damien was a temperamental man, but I had never seen him at his worst. Right here, right now, looked like his worst. 

I didn't even knock, I just opened the door slowly. My eyes raced around the room, only to find knocked over chairs and a shattered coffee table. When I saw that he wasn't present, I immediately made my way over to the balcony. He was leaning on it heavily, heaving with every breath. 

I rested my hand lightly on his shoulder, but was taken aback in shock as he gripped my wrist and wrung my arm around. I let out a scream of pain, and he let go quickly as he started walking back into the office. 

"Damien, you have to let me speak," I begged. I rubbed my wrist, trailing after him like a helpless puppy. "Look at me, you ass." 

"I'm the ass?" he hissed, seething with anger as he spun around. His skin was tinged red, his eyes were swirling with anger. "My brother just embarrassed me in front of the entire Council, Cyan. Above all else, I discover that you practically fvcked him during your kidnapping?!" 

"I did not do a thing!" I sobbed. I gripped the threshold of the french door to try and stabilize myself. I couldn't look at him in the eye; I was terrified he was on the verge of clawing mine out. "He touched me, and he threatened to take my virginity, but never, did I ever return any of his unwanted feelings. I stayed faithful to you the entire time, but I couldn't stop his advances. He could have killed me, Damien. Our clothes stayed on, his lips never touched mine. He wanted to hurt you, and that's exactly what he did back there." 

My gaze raised his, to see him looking at me with hurt curiosity. I took a brave step forward. 

"Tell me, Damien, that's not the real reason you're mad, is it? You're afraid that maybe, just maybe, he had touched me. And you know that since I'm human, that maybe I touched him back. And maybe I enjoyed it." 

"You would do no such thing," he hissed, pinning me up against the wall with his hips. "Human or not, mate bond or not, you are still my mate, and I will ensure that I am the man on that altar in three months. You underestimate me if you even have a hint of thinking otherwise." 

"Possessiveness is not love, Damien." 

"Everything I have done for you is out of love, Cyan. I brought you to the Royal Palace, I gave you the studio of your dreams, I can give you absolutely anything and everything you want, what could you possibly gain from him?" 

"Don't you see it, Damien?" I took my hands and cupped his jaw, forcing him to look me in the eyes. He immediately relaxed at my touch. "I don't want him. I don't want the Royal Palace, or the goddamn studio, or the gold or whatever else you want to try and win me over with. 

I want this, I want the raw and the real, I want the honest you. Believe me, I know you want me in ways I cannot possibly imagine but I want to fall in love with your naked soul. Fvck the riches." 

He was speechless. I was speechless. Did I really just say that out loud? 

Momentarily, his lips were pressed against mine. It wasn't filled with lust, it was an apology. I didn't even need to hear the words 'I'm sorry' leave his lips to know. When he finally pulled away, I landed a slap fresh across his cheek.