Part 22

Today is the day of the celebration of welcoming the Luna...me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Ashley set out a beautiful gown for me. It is a deep royal blue with white flower lacing the sweetheart neck line and from the sash around my waist down. It looks as if it was made for a princess. I stair at my gown in awe when I remember that the celebration is more like a ball. Shley said Ryan called it a celebration instead of a ball so I wouldn't be nervous, but it's to late for that. I hear a faint knock on the door to the room.

"It's me, Ashley. I'm here to help you get changed and do everything a best friend does." She said as she opened the door. I laughed at her tone and she did to.

"You make it sound like it's ganna be the toughest mission you've ever done." I said as I laughed even harder. Some of which was a nervous laugh.

"Hey no need to be nervous. You know what they say, just picture everyone in there underwear." She said but there was a smirk in her eyes.

"I don't think I want to do that." I said.

"Oh come on. I know you're dying to see what Ryan might look like shirtless." She said and winked.

"Do not." I said trying to hold back my blush.

"There is no use lying to me Marie. It's written all over you're face now that I have mentioned it." She said as she poked my forehead.

"Are you ganna help me or not." I said turning away from her so she couldn't make fun of my blushing face.

About and hour later Ashley was done helping me get dressed and doing my makeup plus hair.

"You look perfect!" She squealed.

'I think we look smoken." Lilly said, her voice full of pride.

'Oh hush you!' I said to her and she laughed.

'Am I the only one who is nervous here!' I exclaimed to her.

'I don't know. Maybe our sexy mate is.' She said with a smirk.

'Honestly!' I said to more myself than her.

"Hey Marie you done spacing out and talking to Lilly yet." Ashley said as she snapped a finger in front of my face.

"Huh?...oh, yeah, yeah, were done." I said.

"Okay princess, right this way." She said almost teasingly.

"Don't call me that." I hissed at her and all she did was laugh.

We made our way down the stairs and out to the main garden where the outside ball was being held. It was surprisingly warm outside compared to how it usually was. Maybe a change in atmosphere I guess. I shrugged it off as nothing.

"There you are my lovely princess." I heard a deep voice say from behind me that sent shivers down my back. I rolled my eyes as I turned around.

"Just because I didn't see it doesn't mean I didn't feel that you rolled you're eyes." He said.

"Nothing gets past you does it." I said.

"Nope. So why did you roll you're eyes?" He asked.

"Because you called me princess." I put it out bluntly.

"But you are my princess." Ryan said as he lifted a strand of my hair and tucked it away behind my ear.

"That may be so but still." I said darting my eyes around unsure of what to really say.

"Well if you can't come up with a reason for me not to call you princess then I will keep calling you it." He said as he took my hand and placed a single kiss on the back of my hand.

"Do you have a fever?" He asked concerned.

"No, why do you ask?" I asked him.

"Because your cheeks are red." He said and then he smiled as if he knew why my cheeks were red. It took me a few seconds to register what he meant and then I rushed to cover my cheeks with my hands. And sure enough my cheeks were warm and only got warmer. I heard a chuckle and looked up at Ryan.

"Stop laughing it's not funny!" I complained to him.

"No, but it is cute to see you flustered." He said as waved a member over to us. He grabbed two drinks off the platter the man was carrying and handed one to me.

"Try it. It's a pack specialty." He said as he took a sip from his. So I took a sip to.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed after I took a sip.

"It's amazing!" I said as I took another sip from it. And before I knew it, it was all gone. All that remained was a pout on my face.

"No need to be sad over an empty cup. We do have more." Ryan laughed as he saw my expression. So after we got more drinks we chatted for a little longer until he had to excuse himself because he had something to do.

"So what were you two talking about?" Ashely asked me as I let out a yelp of surprise.

"Ashley! I swear one of theses days you're ganna give me a heart attack and then I'm ganna rise from my grave and haunt you and scare you till you have a heart attack and die." I said in a fake serious tone. And then she gulped.

"I'm just kidding." I laughed as I lightly pushed her.

"I knew that." She said as she let out a nervous laugh which only made me laugh harder.

"What is all this laughing about?" Jack who is the beta, asked as he came over to us.

"Oh I was just telling Ashley how I planed on killing her after she gives me a heart attack one of these days." I said as if it was nothing.

"Uhh..." Was all Jack said. I noticed a cold sweat break out on his forehead.

"I was only joking with her." I laughed.