24

For two weeks, I wake up to uncomfortable dreams, eat, babysit, sleep, and sulk. It's like the pain I feel from my dream reaches reality. My ribs hurt. But then again, it could be from all the crying.

Through the days, not only has the scar of being heart broken been reopened but the grief over my father has resurfaced too.

I really wish he was here. I know that things would definitely be different. But I can't change anything now.

Everyone's concern over me has doubled in these past two weeks too. Seems like they thought I was okay or doing better when all of a sudden I go back to being distant and sad.

Today's Sunday. Thankfully, I have been going to church the past few weeks. It's like, Sunday's the only day I find 100% peace and some joy. I actually smile and talk to kids at church, and I eat more. I don't know why I don't bring it home.

After a refreshing shower, I put on a thin maroon long sleeve shirt, black leggings, a light brown cardigan, and my favorite light brown boots with heels.

I put on my gold locket. I haven't worn this necklace in a while.

I head downstairs where Rich and mom are eating breakfast.

"Good morning." Rich greets me cheerfully, with a hug.

I give him a smile. "Good morning."

I look at mom who's got a smile on while her eyes are studying me.

I walk over to her and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm glad you find Sundays a better day. I just hope and pray that you can bring it through the week too." She says, eating a bite of bacon and eggs.

I shrug, sitting down. "Me too."

TROY'S POV

My family and I are usually early when it comes to church. I sit in my seat eyeing the people who walk in, just as I always do.

"Troy, can you hold Chelsea while I take Claire to the restroom?" Mom asks, snapping me out of my looking-for-someone-in-particular-to-come-through-the-door daze.

"Sure."

Mom hands over Chelsea then she takes Claire's hand and goes off to the restroom.

I continue looking around.

Someone taps me on my shoulder a few minutes later and Jade's smiling at me. I look behind her to see her parents take their seats. I say hi and shake their hands in respect.

"What?" I ask, turning back to her.

"You're looking for Joy again." She says, crossing her arms. "Don't deny it."

"Yes, I am. I always do." I admit.

She giggles. "I'm so happy for you."

I smile and shrug. "Okay."

Jade sits down beside me. One row has 10 seats, so my mom and her two best friend's families can all fit in one row.

"Here she comes." Jade whispers.

I look back at the entrance and see Joy. I don't know how or why she can't see how beautiful and valuable she is.

She's braided her hair into a loose side bride and her outfit is simple yet amazing. In short, she really looks amazing. Is it bad to say she even looks hot?

Her family takes the last three seats. In case you're wondering, all of us accounted for is just nine people but because of Chelsea's stroller, we take up ten seats.