10

Today is Sunday, and I'm going to church for the first time. To be honest, I'm actually quite excited. Nervous, yet excited.

I put on "nicer" clothes since Rich said I should wear clothes better than "school clothes" at church.

I look at my reflection. A blue sleeveless dress that goes down to a little above the knees. I put on a light brown cardigan that's only a little bit shorter than my dress. I put on my knee high light brown boots and I get my navy blue Coach sling bag.

Rich comes in and sees me looking at myself. I look at him through the mirror.

"Is this okay?" I ask him.

He studies me a bit then nods.

"It is fall time so that's okay."

I look at him and see that he's wearing a checkered blue and red polo, jeans, and blue Sperrys.

"You look good." I comment.

He smiles. "Of course. It runs in the blood. You should see mom. It's like both of you are going on a fashion trip or something."

We laugh at his last statement and head downstairs to see mom.

She's wearing a red fitting dress with a black belt and matching black heels. She paired her outfit with a black Chanel shoulder bag.

"Ready?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say.

Rich gets into the back seat while I get into the passenger seat and mom gets behind the wheel.

We stay silent while on the road. Probably because we don't know what to do or say.

We arrive at the church. Nothing too big or elegant, but rather a simple building. We step out of the car and walk up the steps and into the building. Ushers greet us and help us find our way into the sanctuary where the service would be held.

"Excuse me." Someone says, catching our attention.

We look over and see a young boy, about Rich's age.

"Can I excuse Rich? We're going to go to Sunday school." The boy says. My mom nods her head.

I look at Rich with a question mark clearly obvious in my face.

"Sunday school is for kids. We learn stories and verses and songs about Jesus. It's fun." He explains.

I mess up his hair and smile. "For a ten year old, you sure are grown up."

He smiles and gives me a hug, then runs off with his friend.

The service starts with what they call "praise&worship".

The first song we sing is "Nothing is Impossible" by Planetshakers? I had asked the lady beside me and she willingly gave me the titles and artists of the songs.

The next songs are slower. Here's the little list I made on my phone.

>Nothing is Impossible
-Planetshakers
>Forever
-Kari Jobe
> He Loves us
-Jesus Culture

After singing these songs, we sat down and listened to the person speaking.

"God doesn't force us to give. He wants our generosity to be sincere and to come from the heart. When you love someone, you don't force them. And that's the same thing with God. He won't force you to give or love Him back, He just wants you to give generously out of a cheerful heart." The guy in front says.

That actually does make sense. Loving someone doesn't require force.

I look over at my mom and see her getting teary eyed. That little message must remind her of dad. My dad never forced us to do something he wanted and he always listened to our side before coming to conclusions.