eight

"Kasey you up?" Someone whispers. I turn around and see Anna standing at the door. Sitting up I pat the bed telling her she can sit.

"What's up?" I ask looking at the clock seeing it's 8 in the morning.

"I couldn't sleep. Mom and Dad are gone at work so there was no one to talk to" Anna says looking towards the bedroom door.

"Did you have a nightmare?" I ask and she nods.

"It was about the day of the accident. Mom and Dad getting the call saying Jack was in a car crash. I tried calling Joe to see if he was hurt, but nothing. In the end I way sat on the hospital floor crying then I woke up" She finishes trying to retell as much as she could. I bring her into a hug and she sniffles making me hug her tighter. My phone starts to go off and Anna pulls back going to get up. I stop her and look over at my phone seeing it's Joe. Putting it on speaker I see Anna's face light up.

Joe - Any reason you didn't call last night?

Me - You're on speaker. I'm with Anna.

Anna - I miss you, Joe. Come back and visit soon, yeah?

Joe - Don't worry I'll come back. Miss you as well.

Anna gives me a thumbs up and walks out of the room closing the door behind her. I think about what she told me and if something really happened with Jack that day I don't know about.

Joe - Earth to Kasey.

Me - Yeah sorry. I was just thinking.

Joe - About what?

Me - Something Anna told me. It doesn't matter.

Joe - Right, now tell me what happened last night that you didn't call.

Me - I remember watching a movie with Jack, Anna and Conor. Then someone caring me up to Jack's room I believe. Now I'm awake.

Joe - Plans for today?

Me - Not sure. Haven't talked to Jack yet.

Joe - I have a plan.

Joe continues on telling me his 'plan' and how it's going to work. We talk for an hour or so about other things before Joe says he has to go. I set my phone down and walk out the door into the hallway. I look over the banister seeing Jack laying on the couch sleeping. Walking downstairs I go to the front of the couch and sit on his stomach. "Conor get off" Jack groans making me chuckle.

"You calling me fat?" I ask knowing Conor will somehow hear our conversation.

"I'm not fat!" Conor yells making me and Jack laugh. "Watch yourself girly or I'll kick you out of this house making you live out on the street" He says walking into the living room waving a spatula at me.

"I'm deeply sorry" I say making Conor smile and walk back into the kitchen. I turn to look at Jack seeing his eyes closed once again. Tapping him on the face he smiles and opens his eyes. "Can we go to the park and play some soccer?" I ask once he's looking at me.

"First off, football and sure" Jack says making me roll my eyes.

"Only losers call it football" I say making Jack put his hand to his chest pretending to feel hurt by my comment. "You especially." Getting up from sitting on Jack I walk into the kitchen and see Anna sitting at the counter on her phone. "You two want to come with to the park?" I ask sitting down next to Anna.

"Me and my friend are going to a movie. Otherwise I would" Anna replies.

"I have to film something" Conor says passing me a plate of food. Conor dishes up three more plates and the four of us spend time chatting and eating our breakfast. After I finish I go upstairs into Jack's room and pull out some clothes that are perfect for soccer. Quickly texting Joe I send him a thumbs up telling him his 'plan' is working. Going into the bathroom I change and put my hair up. Taking off my glasses I put in some contacts and make my way downstairs.