seven

"You ready for the best three days of your life?" Jack asks as we make our way out the door. I stand there waiting for him to lock the door and notice parents and kids watching us closely.

"Your parents are okay with me coming right?" I ask ignoring the people and putting my things into the back of his car.

"They're cool with it" Jack says looking around the neighbourhood noticing people's stares. "It is like I'm a fucking star or something with everyone staring" He jokes making me give him a sad smile.

"Forget about them and let's go." I get into the car and see Jack stand there for another minute before getting in the driver's seat. "This feels weird" I say causing Jack to give me a weird look. "In the states the driver seat is on the left not right."

"Where did you live before you came here?" Jack asks as he pulls out of the driveway.

"Minnesota."

"What is it like there?"

"Well the winters vary sometimes. It gets to the negatives and snows ten feet or nothing at all. During the summer it's humid as hell all the time. Lots of pine trees and a lot quieter than Brighton. The people are a lot nicer back home as well" I say making myself more homesick as I talk about it.

"And you decided Brighton where it's either windy as hell or raining?"

"Brighton is pretty though. I feel like the rain and weeks of grey clouds makes it more mysterious" I say making Jack laugh.

"Mysterious?" He questions.

"Mysterious." We stopped to get gas and take bathroom breaks about half way through our one hour car journey. Getting back into the car I turn up the music waiting for Jack to come back with some snacks. 'I Took A Pill In Ibiza' by Mike Posner comes on and closing my eyes I start to sing getting lost in his voice. The song ends and I hear Jack clapping looking over at the driver's side I see him sitting there. I start to blush and turn down the radio.

"That was amazing" Jack says still starring at me with wide eyes.

"Really? I normally don't sing because people always used to say I sucked" I say truthfully seeing Jack's face soften.

"Well I'm saying you're good and my opinion is the only one that matters."

"Is that so?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"Yes now lets finish this road trip" Jack says and drives out of the gas station. About five minutes into the last half of the trip I start to feel my eyes close and quickly open them again not wanting Jack to be bored the rest of the way. "You can sleep" He chuckles taking a quick look at me.

"No I don't want to leave you bored" I whisper almost asleep.

"I'll be fine. Just go to sleep."

"But -" I start getting cut of.

"No. Now sleep" He says and I agree too tired to argue with him anymore. Feeling my eyes start to close again I lay my head against the car door. Ignoring my head hitting against the door every few seconds I continue trying to fall asleep. After a few more minutes I hear Jack start to sing along to 'Closer' by The Chainsmokers ft Halsey. Listening to him I try to hide my smile knowing he will stop if he sees I'm listening. The song finishes and I wait a few more minutes before deciding to 'wake up'.

"You know you could've at least avoid pot holes so I didn't hit my head every two seconds" I say and Jack gives me a cheesy smile. "Asshole" I mumble earning a scoff from Jack.

"I'll just make you stay out on the street then if you continue to call me that." I laugh and look out the window seeing we are now driving past pretty looking houses. Jack starts to pull into a driveway of a decent sided house. I look at him nervousness finally catching up with me.