"I'll help you save him, but I hope you know what will be waiting for you when we get back." Alice just laughed.

•••

"Are you okay?" Bella asked from her place between me and the leech-Alice. She had asked me to stop calling her parasitic names and I had decided that I didn't want to get attacked.

"No," I replied, leaning my head against the window, looking down at the world below me. All of this was happening because I couldn't put my foot down and deal with my sister. I could knock someone out in a ring, throw them against a cage, threaten to pop their arms out of their sockets, but I couldn't stand up to my sister. "Why do you hate me?" She fidgeted, uncomfortable. "If I have to fly to Italy, betraying my friends, to save your undead lover, the least you can do is be honest with me."

"I don't hate you," she said quietly. "I just don't know you." I frowned. "Why do you and Jake think that I hate you?"

"Because all you fucking do is try to kill me," I whisper yelled. "From the moment that you arrived, all you've done is make my life shit and then put it in danger. Didn't you get the God damn message when I punched you?"

"It's not like I put you in those situations on purpose," she said meekly.

"Seriously? Let's think back to the first time that I almost died when I was with you; like where my life was in legitimate danger. That vampire in the clearing. And why was I in that fucking meadow? My bitch of a sister blackmailed me. The next time: cliff diving. Now, why was I in the water? Oh, right because I had been trying to stop the bitch, that's you, Bella, and she pulled me over. Do you have any idea how lucky we are that I didn't hit the rocks? And where am I now? On a plane, flying to Italy to meet certain death because my sister and some witch kidnapped me. At what point does this become something that you do on purpose Bella?"

The lady in front of me turned around to give me a glare, probably for saying my last sentence at a normal volume. "Can I help you with something, ma'am? Because if not, you're interrupting a fan-fucking-tastic sister bonding moment," I spat. She humphed and turned back in her seat, arms folded tightly around her sweater vest chest.

"There's no need to be rude, Ryanne," Bella admonished.

"Like you're one to talk about manners, Bella. After you came out of your little coma, you did nothing but insult me. You want to know the definition of rude? To be rude is to be offensively impolite or ill-mannered. You insulted my cooking, my hobbies, my friends, my lifestyle. And the best part is, you know nothing about me!" I said. "And it's not like you ever bothered to ask me why I do the things I do. For example, why do you think I like to fight?"

"Because you're a violent person and it's a safe outlet?" she guessed.

"Oh, so close but wrong. I fight because I couldn't dance after I turned nine. Sarah Black used to take me to dance, get me ready for my recitals, pick me up, make my costumes; I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to get the point. After she died, I couldn't step foot in a studio to save my life. So I went the exact opposite and I started loving it. It was somewhere to be, something to do, someone to hit for all the wrongs in the world. Oh, and thanks for oh so graciously taking that from me too. God forbid I have anything left that I enjoy," I hissed, leaning back in my seat.

Finally, Bella turned and stared at me. "It's not like you did anything to make my life easier, Ryanne."

"Seriously, I didn't. Right, I forgot about the months that I spent sleep deprived. That was nothing, right Bella? Because sleeping in my sister's room to make sure that someone was there to fight off her demons is the damn definition of nothing, right? Maybe nothing was what I felt when you told me that I was a terrible sister? Or maybe it's what it feels like to have your sister blame you for her zombie-like state because you didn't like her boyfriend? You selfish, spoiled asshole! You have no idea how much that hurt. As if I wasn't already wondering if it was my fault.