~Burn It~

"Are you sure this is the right place?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Then why are we in front of a hotel?"

"I'm not sure, ma'am. I just followed the address you gave me," said my new manager.

"Stop calling me ma'am, it doesn't suit you."

I heard him chuckle as he stepped out of the car.

I let out a sigh, running my fingers through my hair. He opened my door and I stepped out, putting on my sunglasses. I walked through the revolving door, following my manager from behind.

He went right up to the reception desk whilst I lingered behind. Looking around at the place, it wasn't the fanciest hotel, at least not a place you would usually find celebrities. However, judging by her current circumstances, it made sense as to why she ended up in such an average place like this.

"How can I help you, sir?"

"Does Dahye live here?"

The receptionist's eyes widened and for a brief second, her professional demeanour that was the smile on her face slightly wavered. She gave a sideways glance to her colleague who also had an unsure expression.

"We can't disclose our customer's information," said her colleague.

I studied my surrounding and after seeing that it was pretty much empty, I took off my oversized sunglasses. I stood next to my manager and looked at the two girls.

"Look, I really need to meet- "

"OH MY GOD." Her whole face flushed as she covered her mouth with her hand.

I quickly threw on my sunglasses, taken aback by her sudden outburst. My eyes quickly darted my surrounding and after realising it was safe, I looked back at the girl.

Her eyes were still wide open and I could see a gleam in them. She looked as if she was...Star struck. Perfect!

I can use this to my advantage.

"I- oh my God- I can't believe it!" she exclaimed, looking at her colleague, "It's Choi Ara!"

I let out a composed laugh and slowly took off my shades, "Yes indeed."

"I'm such a big fan of yours! Can we take a selfie please?" She instantly got out her smartphone from her blazer pocket.

"Only if you tell me Dahye's room number." I winked.

That was how easy it was. We managed to get her information and there we were standing in front of her door.

"Aren't you going to go inside?"

"Wait! You are pressuring me." I clicked my knuckles, staring at the brown door.

"We have been standing out her for like five minutes now." He rolled his eyes, tapping his foot on the floor.

He was the first manager who would get away with rolling his eyes at me. Unlike all the other ones I have had in the past, he was my favourite manager. And I know I've said that in the past but this time, I really did mean it. He was the kindest and the least judgemental. Everything else was simply banter between the two of us.

"I'm just preparing myself."

"You've prepared enough during that whole car ride when you were practising what to say to her," he snorted, "I advise you don't say what you had practised. It will sound too rehearsed and robotic."

"Well that help a lot, thank you," I said, sarcastically.

Finally, I took in a deep breath and gathered the courage to knock on the door. However, nothing happened after that. I knocked again, this time with more strength. Still nothing happened.