~My Crib~

"MOMO STOPP!!"

What the heck. I turned around with confusion and instinctively screamed when I noticed what looked like a goat charging towards me and a guy in overalls chasing it behind.

I ran away. Or at least I tried to but my legs failed me and I flew, tripping on nothing but air and flopped onto the ground.

Side - effects of walking for too long bare feet. The goat stopped and sniffed my hair as I stayed sprawled on the floor, my cheeks touching the sandy ground. I could sense eyes looking at me as I continued to lay on the ground trying to think how I could style out my pathetic fall.

The guy who had been chasing the goat was panting, trying to catch his breath. An old man came forward from the small crowd that had witnessed the scene and walked towards the boy in overalls, a huge smile plastered across his face.

"Thank you so much for finding her, she is such a troublemaker," chuckled the old man, patting the goats head.

"It's alright, I caught Momo sleeping underneath the same tree as last time," responded the boy.

The old man held the loose string that was around baby goats neck and gently tugged it as he walked away. The young guy looked down at me as I brushed off the dirt from my clothes and my cheek.

"I am extremely sorry, you must have been so shocked," he said, with an accent I could not recognize.

He extended his arm forward and I placed my hand in his. He pulled me up and the sudden realization that our faces were only inches away made his cheeks flame.

We were close enough for me to notice small amounts of freckles dotted across his nose and a little extended towards the apple of his cheeks. I mentally nodded at myself, impressed with my improved observation skills.

Ten minutes into the village and already I had been rehabilitated. He stepped back, sheepishly smiling as he scratched the back of his head.

"It's my first time coming here and I'm moving in today, but I am not sure where my house is," I said as a matter of fact.

"You should visit the village centre, maybe they will be able to help you out."

I stared at him blankly.

I had just told him it was my first time here. How the hell was I supposed to know where the damned village centre wass? Looking at the look on my face, he probably realized what I was thinking.

"I will take you there," he said, he grabbed a couple of my bags leaving me with the lightest ones. Finally, my arm could have a break from all that weight.

As we walked I observed the village. It was like stepping into a historical drama with all the little traditional houses grouped together. I never knew places like this still existed.

Chickens were roaming around freely, I hated pigeons enough already and now I also had to deal with those annoying birds too. Great. Children were also running around chasing each other and screeching, I started to think that this place was just a gathering of all the things I disliked.

Animals and children, they all were such a nuisance to my life and I've always preferred to keep a distance from them. My company must have gone through great lengths to find the perfect hell for me.

"Where are your shoes?" the guy besides me asked.

I looked down at my bare feet, after how long of walking like this, they weren't exactly pleasant to look at. I grimaced at the sight of them.

"My heels broke on my way here."

He nodded but I could see a slight amused smile tugging the corners of his lips. I couldn't wait till I got inside the house, right now all I wanted to do was take a long bubble bath and sleep.