~Victory~

"CHEERS!"

Everyone clinked their shot glass of soju and I proceeded to intake the damned alcohol. Despite promising myself that I wouldn't drink anymore after the last time, here I was doing it again.

I just didn't want to ruin the atmosphere because we were all still buzzing from our victory in the competition. Taehyung's win was vital to our success and this celebration was only possible due to his action.

As everyone chattered amongst themselves, I observed Taehyung, who was across me, looking at the trophy in his grasp. He had a huge grin plastered across his face and I couldn't help but smile at how happy he seemed. It only dawned on me just how important this event was for him and everyone else.

"So what are you saving the money for?" I asked him.

He looked up at me and his cheeks reddened as he bit his lower lip.

FLASHBACK to a few hours ago:

"I didn't think this day would ever come," said Jungkook, patting Taehyung's back as a way to congratulate him for winning.

"Neither did I."

Taehyung gave him a warm smile. Jungkook awkwardly returned a shy smile, scratching the back of his head.

"Shall- Shall we hug then?" stuttered Jungkook.

Taehyung let out a hearty laugh as he pulled the young boy towards him and thumped his back. Jungkook yelped at the sudden action, but he soon also patted Taehyung's back.

"Good luck with starting university in Seoul," said Taehyung.

"Thanks hyung, I hope to see you soon too."

They waved at each other and parted ways to head home.

"Taehyung boy, you deserve to keep some money from the prize," said the village leader.

He wrapped his arm around Taehyung's shoulder, which was an odd sight due to him towering the short old man.

"Ahh no, it's honestly fine!"

"Hush boy! I know you've been saving money all these years."

The village leader gave him a sly wink and walked off.

"So I guess you won't be telling me then?" I asked once again.

"Maybe once I have enough money, I might tell you what it's all for."

He went back to staring dreamily at the trophy and I went back to enjoying my Samgyeopsal and Soju. I wished that maybe one day my drinking tolerance would increase. Sometimes I wondered if I would have spent less time being stressed back at the city if I had just got drunk and forgotten everything.

And that is exactly what happened the next morning. The only down side was the terrible hangover feeling. Regret just came over me even before I opened my eyelids because I could feel the pounding headache.

It was just a déjà vu from last time. I went to the bathroom, threw up, lied down in bed, then went back to the bathroom to throw up again and I went through that routine a couple more times.

I went to freshen up, in hope that maybe it would soothe my headache. Afterwards I threw on a shirt and jeans, for the first time I actually didn't care about my outfit. I put my birds-nest hair in a high bun, without combing it.

Honestly I need to chop this annoying hair off at some point. Pisses the life out of me.

As soon as I stepped out, I took a deep breath in to inhale the nice breezy air.

Mmm. Oxygen.

"Noona! Noona, we are going to be famous!"

I looked down to see Yosub jumping up and down, tugging my shirt. This kid-

"What do you mean?"

He pointed in front of us and I gasped so fast that it caused me to choke on the air.

There were black vans and about a dozen of people with a few holding what seemed like camera equipments. One of them was talking to the village leader and Taehyung.

I tried asking Yosub what was going on but he was too busy in his own world, talking about how he was going to be a star, to even notice me. I frantically searched around to find anyone who would give me answers.

I sighed with relief when I saw Taeyeon strut out of her house in a pink dress. She was actually wearing makeup and had her hair nicely done, which was a new sight for me. I used one hand to shield my face, making sure none of them could see me.

"Taeyeon!" I whispered, "who are they and why are they here?"

I fired her with questions before she could even turn to look at me. She twirled around and skipped towards my direction.

"Hey Ara unni!"

"Be quiet!" I half-whispered, half-shouted, annoyed at her sudden outburst. I grabbed her wrist and we walked to the other direction, as far away as possible from the crowd.

"Well basically, they are here to film an episode of a variety show. Oh. I forgot the name of it. What was it again?"

"Just continue, I don't care about the name!"

"Oh sorry. Anyways, the celebrities are going to experience country life and we will be helping them. Unni, I'm going to be on TV!"

My mouth dropped and my eyes widened as I took in what she had just said. Celebrity. Show. TV. Fame. All of those things was exactly what I was running away from and now they were all coming back to me.

"Now will you excuse me, I'm going to go and try to be famous."

She smoothed down her dress and tucked her hair behind her ear before skipping away towards their direction. I slowly followed behind to lock myself in my house, since they were probably going to be here for the whole day.

Suddenly from the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar figure stepping out of a black van.

No way. That can't be her!

I shifted my vision, crossing my fingers hoping that what I had seen a glimpse of was wrong. But once I laid my eyes on her, I was terribly shaken by the fact that my eyes had not mistaken me.

There proudly stood the girl I despised the most. The girl who caused me to end up here in the first place. The girl who pretty much ruined my life.

A/N This update is well overdue and I am sorry about that guys! Well I apologise once again for another cliffhanger, but it should be bearable...right? Thanks for all the love and support you have given this book!