~Eye Candy~

The water must have been way fresher in their village cause damn that boy was beautiful.

His straight black hair almost covered his eyes and it contrasted against his pale skin, which seemed to fit his mysterious aura.

"Lovely to see you again," Taehyung spat out through clenched teeth, "Jeon Jungkook."

He eyed the boy wearing his green village team shirt with so much distaste.

I sat forwards in my seat, curious about the tension between the two boys. It was actually interesting to see a bright and happy person like Taehyung grow so cold. I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from laughing at them glaring intensively into each other's eyes.

"Boy, what are you doing?" shouted someone.

"Im coming, dad!"

Jungkook let out a groan and childishly stomped off. After a few seconds he quickly turned to face Taehyung. He squinted his eyes and gave him one last glare before continuing to stomp back to his angry father.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

Taehyung let out a sigh as he plopped down on the grass next to me.

"He is my opponent or I guess you could say, my enemy," he said, picking at the grass.

"You guys take this all so seriously," I said, letting out an amused laugh.

"We are very competitive indeed," he replied, chuckling.

I let out a sigh and looked across at Jungkook's team members. No wonder his team won so much, his village had by far the most able competitors out of everyone. Plus as a bonus, the guys who looked around my age didn't even look bad for my eyes to look at.

"I was sent to the wrong village."

"What do you mean?"

"If I was sent to their village, at least I could have had some eye candies to keep me busy."

He frowned at me, showing his disapproval and snorted.

"You're Jungkook's noona by two years."

For a quick second I was shocked but then I shrugged my shoulders because the age gap wasn't that big of a deal

"So what? Noona-dongsaeng relationships are actually common nowadays."

Taehyung rolled his eyes and muttered a whatever under his breath. He stood up to go join the others, leaving me alone under the canopy.

So much for his sourness to ruin my day.

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to admire Jungkook, as I had nothing better to do.

An hour had passed and only two events had been completed; the shoe throwing game and the Egg and Spoon race. We had tragically lost both events to Jungkook's team. I genuinely felt second-hand embarrassment for them, despite me constantly telling myself that I shouldn't care.

As if they day couldn't get any worse, an accident happened during the shotput event. As Dongwook threw the ball, it miraculously somehow landed on the scary ahjusshi's toe.

"I'm injured! I'm not doing the race like this!"he screamed to the village leader who was trying to calm him down.

The villagers ran around trying to help the poor man whilst the other teams were chuckling at the sight.

Dongwook decided it would be sensible to pick a fight with one of them, causing only himself to get disqualified.

For God's sake.

I sighed at the pathetic scene before my eyes, wondering when the day would just finish. Despite not doing anything, just seeing the failure of my team made me worn out.

After a few minutes of running around, Taehyung's mum had finally taken the screaming man away. This caused them both to miss the important announcement; the three-legged race was next.

The village leader frantically searched around with wide eyes. He was probably looking for a substitute to replace our missing pair. I ducked down and looked away to avoid him.

Please don't look at me. Please don-

"Ara!"

Damn it.

I looked up innocently, pretending to be clueless. He jogged up towards me with his clipboard.

"You and Taehyung are going to do the race."

"I told you before that I am not taking part."

"Please just help us out with this one," he begged.

I felt guilty looking at him pleading but I crossed my arms and stayed stubborn.

Suddenly, out of nowhere Taehyung grabbed my wrist and pulled me up, causing me to stumble forwards.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I will teach that arrogant kid a lesson," he said, ignoring my question.

I followed his eyes and there was Jungkook, stretching behind the start line. I knew that if I was to fail this, it would only make Taehyung upset for losing to his enemy.

Which is why I made another stupid decision to take part in the race. It couldn't possibly be that hard. All we had to do was be in sync.

I stood there, staring at the finish line as the rope was tied around our legs. I could hear cheers and screaming coming from all different directions.

My heart rate increased and my palms started to sweat. I was genuinely feeling competitive as I looked left and right to all the different couples - all staring at the finish line.

"Ready"
Me and Taehyung wrapped our arms around each others waist.

"Set!"
Our grasp tightened.

"GO!"

A/N So i finally introduced the guest, did y'all guess right? I am actually going to update again pretty soon because this is a short chapter.