12.

The only sound I could give out was sobs. Pure and utter sobs.

My face was buried into my pillow and I was far too lazy to change out of my work clothes.

My dog was desperately trying to get my attention; whining and scratching my back.

I'm pretty sure that I'm suffocating myself. Crying into a pillow and not having anytime to breathe and get oxygen to my head. But that was the least of my worries.

My father was dead. And my family - my mom, my sister, my brother, they could potentially die too.

I couldn't understand why anyone would do this. Unless a plague hit Miami or something.

Out of all families, out of all the people I love the most, why them?

It should've been me.

Fuck, it's all my fault.

If I stayed in Miami, they would've never been hurt or dead or injured. If I never left, they would've been fine.

I started to cry harder, my eyes squeezed shut as I gripped the sheets tightly in my fists underneath me.

I couldn't breathe but I honestly didn't care. I just wanted my dad back.

My phone began to ring quite loudly and I jumped slightly at the sound. My dog barked and I immediately shushed her.

Getting up from my bed and sitting up straight, I grabbed my phone from my blazer pocket. I looked down at my phone only to see the caller ID "Camz. 🍌🍌" With a few banana emojis.

I sighed as I took a few seconds to listen to my annoying ringtone, preparing myself for the worst.

I pressed answer and cleared my throat, holding up my phone to my face. "What's up."

"I found the hospital. Like you asked me to." Camila said quietly. Faint tapping was heard on her end, I figured that she was on the computer.

I sat up straighter, my ears perking up. "What did you find."

I heard her let out a prolonged sigh. "Well, your dad died of a gunshot wound. To the head. And um, your mom has a gunshot wound too however, she was shot in the arm."

I tried my very best not to cry at that statement. I was tempted to drop everything and go to Miami, but like Camila said, for the sake of my safety, it's best that shouldn't.

"Your brother was stabbed 3 times. Your sister was shot in the chest." Camila continued, her voice cracking.

I sighed and closed my eyes tightly, trying my very best to not scream. "D-Do you know who did it? Or any sense of who?"

She was silent.

"Camila. Tell me who did it."

She was still silent, which caused my blood to boil.

I stood up quickly and balled my fists up, tears swelling up in my eyes. "Camila mother fucking Cabello, tell me who hurt my family!"

"I can't tell you, Lo. I have no idea who." She calmly responded.

I typically rolled my eyes. She obviously knew something I didn't.

"Listen. You need to take your mind off this. The company's 125th anniversary celebration/ceremony is next week."

Fuck, I forgot about that.

"You can come. It'll be fun and everyone's family's will be there." She finished off, an inch of hope in her voice.