Chapter 11 -

I wake up in my own bed the next morning, confused, as I clearly remember falling asleep with Ashton. Realization hits me as memories of late last night come to mind. I sigh, shaking my head.

I crawl out of bed, changing into something simple. I hear a patterned knock on the door and answer it quickly. "Yes, Paula?" I ask, pulling my hair up into a ponytail.

"There's a cute boy downstairs for you. Like, woah cute. I think his name's Steven, or something..." she mumbles, fiddling with her fingers.

"Shawn."

She smiles brightly, clapping her hands once and nodding. "Yup. That's it!"

"Let him know I'll be down soon, alright?" She assures me she will and I close the door, walking to the mirror. I fix my makeup, mainly just concealer to hide blemishes. I spritz on some perfume and head downstairs. "Hey!" I exclaim, seeing Shawn standing towards the kitchen sink.

He turns around, grinning. "Hey, you. I was going to call you, but girls always say they like face-to-face." I cock an eyebrow. He clears his throat, his cheeks turning a light shade of red. "I was wondering if you'd like to go out today?"

It's Sunday, and I should probably do laundry and clean up my dorm a bit, maybe chat with my friends before I busy myself with classes this week. But going out on a date with a cute boy is so much better.

I nod. "Sure."

He lets out a breath, walking towards me. "Was hoping you'd say that. Do you have a certain time in mind?"

"I'm free whenever," I reply, smiling. 

"Perfect."

-

I'm so used to hearing Blink-182, and Green Day and Nirvana playing whenever I'm with one of the boys, so it's a nice change as James Blunt's voice fills up Shawn's car. 

Shawn hums along to the song, glancing over at me every so often. "I know you love candy," he says at last, his eyes trained on the road.

"Oh, wow, you've discovered my biggest, darkest, secret ever," I say sarcastically, smirking. 

He laughs, pulling into a dollar store. "Let's go get some cheap-ass-disgusting candy."

I gasp, holding a hand to my chest, pretending to be offended. "No candy is disgusting," I murmur, climbing out of the car. I can't help but smile giddily at him as we head into the store, my eyes landing on the long aisle of candy immediately.

I skip over to the aisle, sighing in relief as I raise a hand to a bag of smarties. "Wonderful."

Shawn comes over, carrying a small basket. "Get what you want," he tells me,  and I start tossing bag after bag of candy towards him. 

I let out a squeal as I hold up a bag of Spongebob gummy candies, smiling wildly. "I haven't seen these in forever!" I say, grabbing a few of them.

Once the basket is full to the brim, we head to check out. The total only comes to around forty dollars, and we have a shit ton of candy. The wonders of shopping at Dollar Tree.

I bite my lip nervously as I watch Shawn pay for it, and he gives me a reassuring smile as we walk to the car. "What now?" I ask curiously.

"You'll see."

I listen to Coldplay playing quietly on the radio, watching our surroundings fly by as he drives. He stops the car at a park, turning off the ignition and taking the few bags of candy in his hands. We climb out of the car, and Shawn quickly retrieves a red blanket from the backseat. On the grass, he carefully sets down the bags, spreading the blanket over the ground. We sit down, and I lay back, staring at sky.

I sigh, looking over at Shawn. "Candy boy. My savior." 

He chuckles, laying down beside me, our shoulders brushing. He pops a mini Snickers into his mouth, grinning at me. "At your service."

We talk for hours, discussing stuff from candy to our past. There was a time where I was straddling his lap, stacking gummy Krabby Patties on his forehead. 

We're both so stuffed, sick from the sugary sweets. I groan, resting a hand on my filled belly. "I think I might've overdone it."

"We've so much leftovers," he mutters, gazing around at the full bags of candy we have left. He laughs then, pointing towards a young boy playing on the swing set. "We can give it to the kids!"

I sit up as he does, giving him a strange look. "We should not."

"Why?" He whines, narrowing his brow.

"If you were a parent, and you saw a grown man giving your children candy at a park, what the hell would you think?"

He rolls his eyes, scoffing. "Obviously he's a very nice man."

I shake my head slowly, raising my eyebrows. "Oh, Shawn... I hope you never have children."

He playfully swats my arm, laughing. "I'll have ten just to piss you off."

I snort, nodding my head. "Alright, you go ahead and convince your lady to pop out ten babies."

"I most certainly will."

"You do that."

He stands up, letting out a loud groan and rubbing his tummy. "I might be sick," he sighs. He picks up a packet of candy, making his way towards the young lad. I watch him, he grins as he gives the boy the treat, and the boy thanking him with a shy smile. He returns to me, smirking proudly. "See, nothing happened."

I smile, but it fades as I look behind him and see an angry woman storming towards him, the same little boy jogging behind her. "Uh...Shawn..."

"Pedophile!" The lady shrieks. Shawn swivels around, his eyes widening. "Who do you think you are, offering my child your poisoned candy?"

"It's not poisoned!" Shawn says, reaching down for a piece of chocolate. "I'll prove it!" He sticks the candy in his mouth, chewing slowly. His hand flies to his stomach, and he groans. Turning away, he bends over, gagging, as he vomits into the grass.

"Sick man!" The lady yells, walking away with her son at her side.

I feel a bit bad as I giggle, my hand covering my mouth. Shawn gives me small smile, looking at me. "Whoops."

"Whoops, indeed."

-

"I'm sorry for puking on our date," Shawn apologizes for the eighth time as he pulls into the parking lot, stopping the car. 

I shake my head. "Already told you -- stop saying sorry. It was actually pretty funny," I say, smirking.

"I've pissed off every mother in a ten mile radius, I bet," he chuckles.

"I warned you," I tease.

He groans. "Don't make me throw up again."

I shift away, looking at him warily. "Don't you dare." I rest my hand on the door handle, glancing at the door leading inside the building. "What a lovely first date, though, Shawn, thank you."

"First? Does that mean there'll be more?" He says, grinning.

My cheeks redden, and I feel my chest tighten. "Shush, you." I hurriedly lean forward, pressing my lips to his cheek. Before I can acknowledge his reaction, I jump out of the car, jogging towards the doors. I head straight for Paula and Maggie's room, ready to tell them every last detail.

-

A/N - hi everyone! Sorry it's been a while since I last updated. School's only just started and I'm beginning to get very annoyed. I changed my mind, I want summer back now.

I have to run the mile tomorrow in gym, so please pray. I'm in the same phys ed as my crush, that'll be so fun.. >:(

I was researching date ideas for this chapter and my father walked in, thinking I had myself a date. No, dad.

I hope you guys liked the chapter. I'm going to do some homework because school has me whipped. Thanks for reading!