Prologue

I feel the anxiety building up in my gut as I await their arrival. My best friends from Australia, Maggie and Paula, are attending the same college as me. I haven't seen them in four years, except for Skype video chats, and I can't wait for them to see America for the first time.

Pacing back and forth in my new dorm, I take quick breaths, glancing towards the door constantly. My phone buzzes in my pocket repeatedly, but I know it's only my mother.

After she went behind my back and scheduled me an appointment with a psychiatrist, that I most certainly do not need, we fought, and I refuse to talk to her.

The door to my room flings open and I jump in surprise. For a moment, the two girls in the doorway and I stare at each other in wonder, and then we're all caught in a group hug.

"I missed you guys so much!" I squeal.

"We missed you, too," Maggie says, pulling away. She looks amazing. Her bangs are cut, swept to the side, and her style has improved since high school.

"We have another surprise for you," Paula giggles, and Maggie swats her arm. Paula's hair has grown out and it looks lovely.

"Another?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow. 

"Remember your favorite group of Australian boys ever?" Paula whispers, and I slowly nod in reply, my eyes wide.

"Boys!"Maggie shouts. 

The door whips open and in storm three boys I know from high school. I don't even have a moment to study their new appearances before I'm engulfed. Michael keeps muttering something along the lines of, "missed you so much... you left..."

When I pulled away I scan their new looks and oh my god. Luke's hair is no longer in a quiff, but swept down. It's more of a dirty blonde color. He has scruff growing on his cheeks, he's much more muscular. Calum has filled out more, too, his thin T-shirt showing off his biceps. His hair is cut shorter and his jawline is sharper than ever. Michael's hair is dyed a different color, and he appears more buff.

My boys. 

"I can't believe you're here! Please tell me you're attending the college," I whine.

"We're attending the college," Luke replies, smiling. His voice is much deeper. "We live in two rooms down the hall." Luke turns to Maggie and Paula. "You girls in this building?"

Paula nods. "We're in the dorm one over."

For a few minutes we catch up and then I can't help but wonder, one boy is missing.

My face falls blank and I stop talking mid-sentence. "Ella, you good?" Calum chuckles, waving a hand in front of my face.

"If all three of you are here, that means . . ."

A throat clears behind me and I swivel around. In the doorway he stands, leaning against the wall, a smirk plastered on his face. He looks different, but well. His hair is longer, pulled away from his face with a bandanna. He has scruff growing along his jaw, he's more muscular.

I cross my arms over my chest and narrow my eyes. "What the hell are you doing here?"

He straightens his posture, switching from a cocky smirk to a sweet smile. "Daddy's home, babygirl."