Chapter 17: To Give and To Take

Pre-Chapter:

"Now, this was Jayid Malika's spell for whenever she came in contact with danger that could threaten her life. It escaped her out of everything she was threatened with or by. But unfortunately, she was too late to use the spell when she died." Akasha informed Zahlia. They were in Akasha's secret spell room as she was teaching Zahlia Jayid Malika's spells.

"Now, repeat after me, Zahlia," Akasha started. "Salasil, salasil mahilla, la yumkinuk darar li. 'ana 'uwsik 'ann tadhub min baladay aljald dun 'an tusabbib li al'adhaa almaqsud. Kunt daeifat, w kunt multazimat 'iilhaq darar ddy, 'aw 'ay shakhs wa'ana wadaeat majana. Alan salasil, ya alssalasil w aismahuu li mjana."

"Salasil, salasil mahilla, la yumkinuk darar li. 'ana 'uwsik 'ann tadhub min baladay aljald dun 'an tusabbib li al'adhaa almaqsud. Kunt daeifat, w kunt multazimat 'iilhaq darar ddy, 'aw 'ay shakhs wa'ana wadaeat majana. alan salasil, ya alssalasil w aismahuu li mjana." Zahlia perfectly repeated.

Akasha smiled. "Good. Now, let's do more, shall we?"

(A/N: Remember this scene. You guys will need it later.)

-

-

-

Zahlia

"Chris, stop playing. We gotta go." I chuckled as Chris kept trying to play sleep. "Girl, no, I'm tired. You better go somewhere." He put a pillow over his face and I shook my head at him.

"Come on, Chris. Akasha's waiting for us, and you know how she is."

He groaned. "Fine."

"Thank you." I tried to walk away, but Chris grabbed me by my waist. I looked at him. "What?"

"You owe me some pus---"

"Oh hell nah, boy bye." I walked out the room laughing. He's always trying to be funny.

-

"So, I called you two down here because I wanted to make a plan and a deal." Akasha started as she sat across from us in her study. "Vega is still here, and she is after both of you. Now, she is not after me because I am much more powerful than she is. But now, her power is getting stronger than ever. I need help. And that's where you two come in."

Chris and I looked at each other, then back to Akasha. "Both of us?" I asked.

She nodded her head. "Zahlia, I strongly need your help, just as much as Chris. Knowing Vega, she is going to try to come after Chris again. But since she doesn't know that he is a vampire now, you, Chris, will pretend to fall under whatever spell she puts on you, and do whatever she says because that is basically the only kind of spell she knows. Now, Zahlia, since you are the descendant of Jayid Malika, you have more power than ever. Even more than me, and that is pretty powerful."

"So, if we agree to this plan, then what is the deal?" Chris asked.

"Ah, the deal." Akasha leaned back into her chair. "I will grant you, what ever wish that you both want."

"Any wish?" I raised my eyebrow.

She nodded her head. "Any wish."

I looked at Chris and he shrugged an "oh well" kind of vibe. I looked back at Akasha before nodding my head in agreement.

"Okay, deal. Sounds like a plan." I said.

"Good. I will see you two tomorrow at sunrise." Before I knew it, we were back in our room.

"At least I'm used to that now." Chris said as he plopped himself on the bed. I shook my head as I chuckled at him.

"You are just dumb." I said as I went into the bathroom and closed the door.

I stared at myself in the mirror as I ran my fingers through my hair. Suddenly, it got very hot in the bathroom. I went to open the door, but the knob wouldn't budge. "Chris! Stop playing! Open the door!" I yelled, but I didn't get a reply.

"He's mine, bitch." I heard a demonic voice say. The next thing I knew, I felt silver chains come in contact with my skin, causing me to scream loudly in pain as my skin began to melt slowly. I ended up in what looked like a dungeon, chained up to a wall. There were silver chains bound around my ankles and feet, my wrists, and my neck.

I couldn't move anything at all, and I couldn't scream because there was something tied around my mouth. The sound of a heavy metal door screeching open, caught my attention. Someone walked in, and no sooner than later, it was the bitch Vega herself.

She chuckled. "All you had to do, Zahlia. All you had to do was join Eljida." She clapped her hands once. "Simple!"

"Never!" I yelled, but it came out muffled. She laughed at me.

"So listen. Chris and I are getting married.... Tonight. And there is nothing you can do about it because, well, you're dying!" She laughed again. "But yeah, thanks to Akasha's handy book of spells, no one remembers your little rescue you did last time. Not even Chris! How perfect!"

"You bitch!"

"Oh no, darling. It's Mrs.Brown as of in two hours, and you'll be dead until then. But, my dear husband has something to tell you before you die."

Chris walked into the room before wrapping his arms around her waist. His eyes were bloodshot red. "It was nice knowing you, Zahlia." He chuckled evilly before he and Vega left and slammed the door back shut.

I felt a tear escape out of my eye as steam began to rise out of my skin, meaning that I was running out of time. All I could think at this moment was survival. Not Chris, not Vega, not even Akasha, just survival.

I couldn't think of anything to save me at this point. No spell or chant or anything. But then, something finally hit me.

"Salasil, salasil mahilla, la yumkinuk darar li. 'ana 'uwsik 'ann tadhub min baladay aljald dun 'an tusabbib li al'adhaa almaqsud. Kunt daeifat, w kunt multazimat 'iilhaq darar ddy, 'aw 'ay shakhs wa'ana wadaeat majana. Alan salasil, ya alssalasil w aismahuu li mjana." I kept repeating this in my head.

It wasn't working.

Keep trying, Zahlia.

"Salasil, salasil mahilla, la yumkinuk darar li. 'ana 'uwsik 'ann tadhub min baladay aljald dun 'an tusabbib li al'adhaa almaqsud. Kunt daeifat, w kunt multazimat 'iilhaq darar ddy, 'aw 'ay shakhs wa'ana wadaeat majana. Alan salasil, ya alssalasil w aismahuu li mjana."

Tears couldn't stop spilling from my eyes. I knew at this point....

That I was going to die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clifffhaanngggeerrr!!! Lmao

I know it's short, but I haven't updated in a while, so I just thought I'd give y'all this.

But more coming up. Stick around.

-___QueenBee___