Chapter 5: Confusion

Chris

"He never introduced me to her." Zahlia thought out loud. "I would have remembered her."

"I saw a picture of him at her house. He looked about 16 in the picture though." I remembered.

"Chris," her throat bobbed up and down. "You have to take me to her house."

"No way. She's pissed off at me to the fulle----"

"Christopher?! Honey, who are you talking to in there?!" My mom yelled from the other side of my door.

"Uh, I-I'm on the phone, Mama!" I lied.

"Oh, okay! I'm getting started on dinner, but I have to go to the market really quick! Do you want anything?!"

"No, Mom! I'm fine!" I looked at Zahlia, who's eyes were begging me to take her. I sighed. "H-hey, uh, Mom! I'm going to Christina's house for a little, is that cool?"

"Yes, just be back in time for dinner!"

"Thanks, Ma!" I said as Zahlia grabbed my arm and cheered while holding onto it, making me shake.

"Thank you, Chris! You have no idea how much this means to me!" She squeaked.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just go." I led her outside the house to my car. I glanced at Zahlia as she was taking deep breaths, like she was remembering something good.

"Ah! It's been a minute since I've been outside in the real world." She smiled. "I used to hang out on the front porch with my friends."

I smiled too, for some reason. "Yeah, well, let's go, Z." I said as I got in the car on the driver side. 

"'Z'?" Zahlia repeated the nickname I gave her as she appeared beside me on the passenger side. She almost gave me a heart attack.

"Uh, yeah. That's your nickname. You don't like it?"

"No, I love it. No one's ever given me a nickname except for 'baby', but that's a common nickname, so I've never counted it."  

"Oh." I said as I started the car and pulled off. It was a quiet drive as Zahlia took the time to remember her old town. There were places she recognized, and few she didn't because they were either new, or nothing was there. 

"That's my old high school." She smiled as she pointed at the high school I was supposed to attend tomorrow. Christina and I met in my old city, where she was visiting her favorite aunt and cousins. She ran into me one day....and the rest is history.

"My mom enrolled me there. I start tomorrow." I told her. She looked at me with a smirk.

"Good. Now I can tell you who to mess with, and who not to mess with." 

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How you know if everybody you knew graduated 13 years ago?"

She gave me a stale face. "I meant teachers, Chris. The principal is very nice. I think he still works there." 

"Oh." I said as I pulled up outside Christina's house. Her car was the only car there, but sometimes she leaves with other people, so I called her.

"What, Chris?" She answered with slight attitude, meaning she wasn't mad anymore but she still acting like it.

"Aye, you at home?" I asked her.

"Yes." 

"By yourself?" 

"No, my brother is here, but he's in own world in his room." 

"Aight, let me in. I'm outside." 

"Ugh, okay." I could tell she was smiling.

"She's weird." Zahlia said as she got out of the car. She didn't open the door, she appeared on the outside as I got out.

"No she not. A little bipolar, but she ain't weird." I mumbled loud enough for Zahlia to hear me. I didn't want to look crazy, talking to "myself".

"Sure...." Zahlia said as Christina opened the door, waiting for me. As soon as I reached it, she had a smirk on her face.

"I'm waiting..." Christina said, meaning she wanted an apology. If any of us should be apologizing, it should be her.

"I'm waiting for you to get the hell out of my face." Zahlia retorted, making me chuckle. This girl gone get me killed one day.

"OK, I am sorry."

"For..."

"Being sorry." Zahlia added, making me smile for a quick moment.

"For laughing at you. I was wrong."  

"Okay. And I'm sorry for getting mad. I know you would never cheat on me."

"So, you thought I was cheating? Christina, when I say somebody is a friend, they are just my friend, nothing more." 

She sighed as she let me in. Zahlia was nowhere to be seen, so she must have already been inside looking. "I know, I know Chris. I'm sorry. I'm just scared that I might lose you."

"You will not lose me, OK?" I caressed her face.

"Okay." She smiled.

Suddenly, we hear an ear piercing scream. Zahlia appears behind Christina with a pale face and a horrified look on her face. "What is it?!" I asked her, earning a look from Christina.

"H-he's here. He's still alive." Zahlia trembled.

"What?" I said. Suddenly, Zahlia is thrown against the wall, knocking stuff down, scaring Christina. "Chris, what is that?!" Christina cried.

"Chris, help meee!" Zahlia cried as something was throwing her around.

What the hell is happening?!

"Who's still alive?!"

"Chris, who are you talking to?!" Christina cried.

"Richie! Her br-brothe------AHH!" Zahlia screamed as she suddenly disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger ryte there!!! 

TO BE CONTINUED!

More coming up, y'all! 

-___QueenBee___