Chapter 6: Losing It

Zahlia

"Let me go, Richie!" I cried. It was just like the day I died, only he's much different now.

"So, you want to play with fire, huh?" He said, in a calm but scary way. I noticed that he had fangs. Was he a supernatural vampire? Is that even possible?

"How are you even still alive? I killed you!"

"Well, thanks to your loving parents, they came back to get my body to finish their ritual. Long story short, let's just say that I don't have a soul anymore, and that I've been to Malum..."

I quietly gasped. "You joined Malum."

"Correct." He laughed briefly.

"Richie, please let me go! I'm sorry, I was trying to get even because you killed me. Why?! I loved you, Richie! I killed people because of you!"

"Oh, shut the fuck up, Zahlia! You didn't love shit! You ain't cared about nobody but yourself! I asked you one thing just to show you that I cared about you, and you said no!" His eyes turned red and his fangs popped out more.

"So you killed me because I didn't want to have sex with you?! That is the most selfish, sick, and inconsiderate thing any human has ever done! At least someone like you!"

"All I'm going to tell you, is to stay. Out. Of. My. Way." His grip on my neck got tighter with every word until he disappeared and let me go.

I coughed as I gasped for air, struggling to breathe. I felt myself getting weak, so I had no choice but to go home. Oh my God! Chris!

-
Chris

Where the hell did she go?, has been flooding my thoughts all night long. She's been gone all day, and I'm a little worried.

Maybe if I go to sleep, she'll be there, I thought. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me, until I felt someone attack me with a hug. My eyes shot open and Zahlia was hugging me, crying into my shoulder.

"Z, where you been? Are you okay? What happened?" I kept asking her questions.

"Chris, h-he's a vampire!" She cried even harder. "My parents b-brought him back to life after I killed him, a-and he doesn't h-have a soul anymore and h-he j-joined Malum."

"Are you serious?" I was surprised.

"Yes. Now he's up to something, and I have to stop him. I-I gotta go to Eljida tonight, but I'll be back in the morning."

I sighed. "You promise this time?"

She chuckled. "Yes, Chris. I'll be sure that I will be here to see my best friend go to my old school."

I chuckled. "Whatever, ok. Be careful, Zahlia." I let her out of the hug.

"I will." She disappeared, and I sighed deeply.

"How the hell did I get in this shit?"

-
Zahlia

"So, Zahlia, have you made your decision yet?" An old black woman sitting next to Elzira asked me.

"May I ask a question?" I asked.

"Proceed." Who I'm guessing, Zorag, said. He was lowkey hot for an evil guy.

"Is everyone in the afterlife a vampire?"

Everyone looked at each other, then back to me. "If you choose. But you have to kill someone..." Elzira said.

"Done." I interrupted.

"I was not finished, Zahlia." Elzira sneered, and I inwardly chastised myself. "You have to kill someone that you are very close to, then show their spirit the same things you have done in all the years you have been dead. But I must warn you, Zahlia; killing someone you are very close to is very hard. You have to wade into it."

I thought deeply. "Can they become a vampire, also?"

"That is between them and us, or you and them, if they choose. But you must go see Akasha first, and learn the vampire rules."

"Who is 'Akasha'?"

"My sister. She also runs Malum with Zorag. She is the empress."

"Apparently, she has more power than I do. Damn shame." Zorag tells.

I nod my head. "Ok, I-I'll do it. Where can I find Akasha, in Malum?"

"You shall find her in throne room, or in her study." Zorag told me, I nodded my head.

"Adjourned." Elzira said as she and everyone else stood up. Everyone began to leave and I disappeared myself back to the real world.

This isn't easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More coming up, y'all.

-___QueenBee___