Chapter Twenty-nine

May 8, 1972 4:13 pm
I was walking through the park when I heard someone yell my name. Hope leaped in my chest.
"Esther!" It was Raymond! I hadn't seen him for a few months, and he had changed a bit. Instead of rolling along in a chair, he was using a crutch, with braces on his legs.
I gave a cry and ran towards him. When we were a few feet away, I launched myself into his arms. He stumbled a little, but regained balance easily.
"Raymond! I missed you!" I buried my face in his coat and hugged him tightly. His arms were strong around me, holding me close to his chest, where I could hear the steady thumping of his heart.
"I missed you as well, Esther May." He took his hand and lifted my chin. My heart leaped into my throat. Our eyes were locked together, and his dropped to my lips. Then he kissed me. I kissed him back, smiling against him when his hand wove into my hair, sending a shiver down my spine.
     "Marry me," he mumbled against my lips.
     "You know I will." It seemed like there was nothing left in the world except me and him.

I hope you all enjoyed this book! It wasn't my best work...I'll hopefully have a new story out soon! I use the word hope a lot...anyway, please vote and comment! I'm sorry I didn't update for the WHOLE SUMMER! I was busy with cross country and other activities. Well, God bless you all!
~XCountrylover