Chapter Seventeen: Tokyo Part One

Start from the beginning

"Toys stay in here, remember? What should mommy play?" 

"Dis one!" he called out as he picked up another truck, but it was red. 

"Okay, here we go!" she hollered as she chased him with the truck all around his room. 

Kayla and Brayden played for about an hour until it was time for dinner and a bath. Just like every other night, they sat in her bed and Facetimed Preston who was sixteen hours ahead of them. He looked so cute in his workout clothes. Everyday, he would pause his workout around noon his time to call Kayla because Brayden went to sleep at eight their time. He never missed a single day, and always was on time to talk to his babies. Kayla's eyes watered as she watched him talking to their son. She missed that man more than anything, and she had just left him a day ago. She wiped at her eyes, knowing that if Brayden knew she was upset, he wouldn't stop crying himself. They talked for about fifteen minutes until Brayden started nodding off. 

"Bray Bray, are you ready?" Preston grinned. He and Brayden did a special rap every night before he went to sleep. Preston taught him before he left for Tokyo so Brayden could remember his daddy every single day, no matter where he was. 

"Yes! Muh daddy! Muh daddy! Bray Bray loves him daddy! Muh daddy! Muh daddy! Bray Bray hugs him daddy! Muh daddy! Muh daddy! Bray Bray kiss him daddy!" Brayden grinned widely. 

"Baby! You did it without messing up!" hollered Kayla as she kissed her son's cheeks as he laughed loudly. 

"Good job, big man. Is my Brayden going to be good for mommy?"

"Yep!"

"And strong for mommy?"

"Yep!" Brayden answered, flexing his muscles just like his dad taught him to.

"And what else?"

"And kiss mommy!" Brayden screeched as he kissed his mama's forehead.

"That's right! And when daddy sees you, he's gonna give you the biiiiiiigest hug," Preston smiled as his son wrapped his arms around himself, just like his dad taught him.

"Biiiiig hug!" Brayden replied as Kayla wiped at her eyes again.

"Goodnight, baby bear," he cooed as Brayden laid his head on his mom's chest.

"G'night, papa bear," Brayden replied as Kayla kissed his forehead, and just like that, he was out. 

"You are the best daddy in the entire world,"  Kayla huffed as Preston grinned back.

"After having him back for a year, I can't imagine him ever leaving again. He's gotten so big, he's learned so much. And more important than me, he has us together, as we should be. Man, he's a killer dude. He's the coolest kid I know," he smiled. 

"That's because his daddy is a reformed bad boy," she giggled as he laughed along. 

"The reformed bad boy saw you crying a little bit. What's wrong, babe?"

"You know what's wrong..." she trailed as he frowned. 

"Three weeks, that's it. All the other countries are at home, and normally I would be, too, but for whatever reason, coach wants us to practice here, so you have to be strong. And guess what? When daddy sees you, he's gonna give you a biiiiiiig hug," he smirked.

"And what else is daddy gonna give me?"

"And a big kiss. He'll even give you a big di--"

"Preston!" she gasped with a low laugh as Brayden still laid on her chest.

"It's true. I miss my baby love already," he pouted. "I have to go finish my workouts, but I have a surprise for you when you get back. Your baby loves you, okay?"