Chapter Sixteen: Happy Birthday

A/N: LOL, Y'ALL!! I updated the last chapter by accident and thought it was the new one, but THIS ONE is the real one. Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you're enjoying it! I love all of you and you are all perfect! (PS: this song is perfect for this chapter because it's literally EVERYTHING that happens between them lol. Plus, I added the wrong song to the last chapter bc I thought it was the wrong one, but this one is right. I'm becoming obsessed with William Singe and his music and his voice). See you at the end! 

Happy Birthday

Kayla sat on the plane and took a deep breath. Preston had been gone for a month, and she missed him like hell. He would try and call, but often times she was at her office or at work and her phone was off. She looked down at her engagement ring and a frown painted itself across her face. She was sure she wanted to marry him, but their being apart and him being on a press tour kind of scared her. She knew they could work through it, but she was unsure if she could handle the overdrive in their lives they were about to experience.

Preston was active on his social media and posted pictures of his fiancée and their son almost everyday. But lately, there were pictures of him with his teammates in the pool. The comments were something intense. Women left and right told him how sexy he was and how hot he looked in the water. Kayla wasn't insecure, but small things like those worried her. He was a man and he had to go through a month with no sex. She was sure there was temptation, and she was worried sick when she thought about him falling for it.

One night in particular, a teammate of his posted a picture of them in a club. Preston wasn't drinking, as he knew he shouldn't be doing, but just seeing him in that environment, knowing women were throwing themselves at him made Kayla a little weary. She remembered Rio and how the same thing happened, but he insisted he wasn't doing anything. She trusted him, but after his last Olympic Games and getting Alexandria pregnant shortly after, it was definitely concerning.

It was Preston's twenty-sixth birthday and she was excited. She planned on visiting for a week, then heading back until they flew in for the Games. He made her promise to not plan anything, and he even insisted he did the planning, which she let him do. He'd been blowing her phone up with texts about missing her and his plans once she got there, but Kayla was still in her head. With that being said, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep for the next four hours.

Preston was panicking. Kayla was on her way to his hotel and he was nervous. He couldn't wait to hug her and kiss her, but he knew she was unhappy when she opened his texts and never replied. He was hoping he could get her to forgive him, but he knew it would take a minute. She was protective over him, and while she trusted him, he knew she hated to see women around. He was the same way with her, and he couldn't blame her for being a little upset.

He showered, combed his hair, and put on a light blue button down shirt with black pants with black loafers. He liked it and he knew baby blue was one of her favorite colors. Preston sprayed her favorite cologne and took a deep breath. He was ready to see the love of his life for the first time in a month. Suddenly, he heard someone knocking, and he got excited all over again. She had finally arrived.

"Baby!" Preston hollered as he opened the door to see his fiancée looking every bit of graceful as he'd left her.

"Hi, Preston," she sighed, moving past him and into the room.

"Babe, I have the perfect night. Okay, so we're going to differ first, then there's this really great temple I want to visit. After that, we'll go to the practice facility and I'll show you everything. Then, I was thinking we could come back here and we'll just hang out for a little bit," he smiled as she turned to look at him.