Chapter Fifteen

Hermione

I have a plan, but it's mad.

While we were at Malfoy Manor, I took one of Bellatrix's hairs. Now, I put in a Polyjuice Potion and drink it, after changing into bigger clothes.

It's by far the strangest thing ever. Harry laughs as soon as he sees me. "You look ridiculous!"

"Thanks," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Okay Griphook, we just need you to get us into her vault, and the sword is yours." Griphook nods, and I Apparate us away.

We enter Gringotts, my high heeled boots clacking on the floor. I almost trip, but catch myself before I fall. When I reach the goblin at the front of the room, I clear my throat. Next to me, I can sense Harry under his Invisibility Cloak. "I wish to enter my vault," I say when nobody responds.

The goblin looks up. "Identification?"

I clear my throat. "Um...I hardly think that would be necessary." The goblin turns around and steps down from the podium, and I can hear him whispering to someone else.

Another goblin takes his place. "Miss Lestrange, would you mind presenting your wand? It's Gringotts policy." Before I can refuse, I hear Harry hiss, 'Imperio.' And the goblin takes us to the vault.

There, Harry looks right at the cup. "It's that, I can feel it," he whispers. He's removed the cloak, and my Polyjuice Potion has worn off. I finally trip in the heels, and knock something onto the floor. But soon, it makes a popping noise, and more of it appears.

"Everything you touch will multiply!" I exclaim. "Harry, be careful!"

Harry takes the sword and knocks things out of his way, climbing up a growing mountain of things to get to the cup. I freeze, and yell at Griphook to stop moving.

Harry bursts out of the pile, holding the cup and sword. "Griphook!" he yells.

"The sword!" Griphook responds. Harry throws it at him, and Griphook tosses him the cup, which Harry had dropped. "I said I'd get you in, not that I'd get you out." And he opens the door, us just managing to get out.

He picks up an object and waves it. It makes a loud noise, and he walks around a...thing in the middle of the room. A dragon. A dragon!

"How do we get out?" Harry asks.

Without considering, I leap onto the dragon's back. "Come on, Harry!" He follows, and I break the creature's chain. It makes a noise, like a war cry, and starts to climb.

We break through layers of marble, stone, quartz, and eventually burst through the glass ceiling, Harry and I holding on as hard as we possibly can. I scream as the dragon starts to take flight.

"What now?" Harry asks, yelling over the wind. Once we begin to fly over the body of water below, I say, "Jump!" And we do.

We emerge from the water and swim to the nearest land. I pull dry clothes out of my bag and Harry and I change. "We got it," I say when we're done.

Harry laughs. "Yeah."

I take his arm and Apparate us to the Hog's Head.

Sirius

Ron begins to think, which is a sentence I never thought I'd say.

"That's it!" he says, holding up a finger. "Basilisk venom! The Chamber of Secrets!"

"The what of what?" I ask, but he just takes my arm and Albus's and drags us through the castle.

We reach the second floor girl's lavatory, and Ron hisses at the sink, another thing I never thought I'd say. A passage opens up, and Ron jumps down it. I don't hesitate to follow; he's obviously done this before.

We land on a pile of bones. "Ew!" I say, shaking them off of me. Ron leads us down a passage, hissing again at a door covered in carvings of snakes. "This is so weird," I mutter.

We walk down a long path, where a sort of skeleton sits at the foot of a huge statue. "What is that?" I ask, recoiling. But Ron takes one of the creature's teeth.

"A basilisk," he says, holding out his hand. "The Horcrux?" I hand the diadem to him. He stabs it with the tooth, and water erupts around us. It's destroyed.

"Run!" Ron yells, and we do. But not fast enough; we get drenched. But we eventually make it out, alive.

"That's one down, two more to go," I say.

Albus

We go back to the room we were at before, only to find it deserted. All of the students are in the Great Hall, and we somehow slip in without being noticed.

"Should anybody know Mr. Potter's whereabouts," the headmaster is saying. "They will-"

Someone steps out from behind us, and everyone in the room gasps and turns to him. It's Harry. "It seems you have an extensive security problem, Headmaster," he says as the doors open and a large group enters. I see Hermione among them, sending Ron a small smile. He returns it, holding up the tooth. Brilliant, she mouths.

The headmaster points his wand at Harry, but a woman steps in front of Harry. "Professor McGonagall," Ron whispers. Everyone moves out of the way.

They begin to duel, and it ends with the headmaster getting blasted out the window.

Everyone cheers, and Ron, Harry, and Hermione are reunited. "We destroyed the diadem," Ron says, handing the tooth to Hermione, who takes out the cup. She lead us into the hall, where she stabs the cup. We duck and cover our heads as darkness shoots out of it, surrounding us, and eventually disappears.

"Only Nagini left," Hermione says. But she can barely get the words out before a bone-chilling voice hisses around us.

It must be the voice of Voldemort.