Chapter One: Hermione

I wake up this morning and am immediately hit with a thought: I need to start destroying Horcruxes.

But the question is: how am a-how are we-going to do it?

When I sit up, a flash of gold catches my eye. It's my Time Turner, the one Harry and I used to save Sirius and Buckbeak in our third year.

Sirius. Just thinking about him makes me sad. I wish I could go back and see him, just for a minute. But it would be nearly impossible to get back, you'd have to be incredibly powerful. Like Professor Dumbledore.

It makes me sad to think about him, too.

I climb out of bed as an owl flies through the window with the Daily Prophet. I give it a couple coins and it leaves happily.

When I open to the first page of the Prophet, I see an article about Dumbledore. Apparently, Rita Skeeter (boy, I wish she never turned back from a bug) is writing a book titled The Life And Lies of Albus Dumbledore. I can't believe her! But some of this information sounds true, mostly the parts about his childhood. Poor Dumbledore.

I wonder what he was like as a teenager.

Same with Sirius. And all the Marauders. I wish I could see them. Join their gang. I'm sure Harry would love that, too.

I head downstairs where my parents are sitting in the couch together. They don't notice me come up behind them.

So I do what I know I must. Just so they won't worry.

"Obliviate."