Chapter Thirteen

Hermione

I tried to get us as close as possible to the spot where I know there will be a lot of Death Eaters- Malfoy Manor.

I hate to do it, but finding them again at a chance when we may possibly have the upper hand...we have to take the opportunity. I lead my friends to the front doors. "Now...how do we get inside?" I wonder out loud. The gates are too tall and sharp to climb, and there's no way we could walk through the front doors without getting caught, anyways.

I turn around to ask my friends, but then the gate bangs behind me and I whirl back around.

Lucius Malfoy stands behind me with a smirk identical to Draco's, that I have seen so often. In fact his son stands beside him, stone-faced. At the same time, Lucius grabs Harry and Draco takes hold of me, holding my arm tightly. I kick him and try to pull free, but it's no use.

More Death Eaters appear and take Ron, Albus, and Sirius. They lead us into the house and down into the dungeons.

"I guess this is how," I say when the cell door slams closed.

"Harry?" says a voice from the back of the dungeon. A figure steps into the faint light coming from upstairs. Her blond hair shines.

"Luna? Is that you?" Harry asks in disbelief. So Mr. Lovegood was right; they did take his daughter. We have to get out, and take her with us.

"Yes," Luna replies. She has a faint smile on her face, but no reason for it. Typical Luna. I almost smile back.

A man comes out of the corner, too. "Mr. Ollivander?" Harry asks again. This is too strange. What would the Death Eaters want with Luna and Ollivander?

I'm about to start coming up with a plan when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs to the dungeon. Now's my chance to use the truth potion! I begin to dig it out of my bag, which they stupidly forgot to take away.

Peter Pettigrew appears at the door, unlocking it and stepping inside. He closes it behind him and starts to come over. But before he can, I whip out my wand and yell, "Petrificus Totalus!"

He falls to the ground.

I rush over and pour some of the potion into his mouth. I guess I'll just have to ask him a bunch of questions, and then we can go on our way.

Sirius

I don't know exactly what's happening, but this man looks like a good choice if we're going to interrogate anybody. Once Hermione's spell wears off, she begins to ask him questions.

"What are all of the Horcruxes?" The man doesn't say anything, but she presses her wand into his forehead. "What are all of the Horcruxes, Pettigrew?"

Pettigrew?

PETER PETTIGREW?!

He works for...

No.

No.

Yes?

Peter starts to speak. "Well...there's the ring." Hermione starts to nod. "And...the diary. The locket. The diadem."

"What diadem?" Hermione asks. "Harry, can you write this down? There's parchment and ink in my bag," she whispers to Harry.

"Ravenclaw's diadem. And then...the Hufflepuff cup. And Nagini."

"Nagini? You mean Voldemort's snake?" Harry asks.

"Don't say his name!" Ron hisses.

"Y-yes," Pettigrew stutters.

"Is that all?" Hermione asks.

"T-that I know of," he says nervously. I have to admit, Hermione can be pretty intimidating.

"And where do we find all of these?" she presses on.

"Well, the ring and the diary are destroyed. The locket, we lost track of...the diadem is in the Room of Requirement at Hogwarts, and the Hufflepuff cup is in Bellatrix Lestrange's vault at Gringotts. Nagini stays with the Dark Lord."

"Thank you," Hermione says, and she throws him out of the cell before the potion wears off. "Now, what did you come down here for?"

"I-I'm taking you five-" he points to Hermione, Ron, Harry, Albus, and finally me, and his eyes widen. He must recognize me faintly. "T-to...upstairs. The Dark Lord wishes to see you."

The Dark Lord! No!

Wait...who's the Dark Lord again?

Oh, right, that guy.

This is not good.

Albus

The man, who Hermione called Pettigrew, forces us upstairs at wandpoint. Hermione is sure to keep her bag hidden, and we all hide our wands.

We are led upstairs into a stone room. Stone walls, stone floors, stone fireplace...the only thing that's not stone is a long table lined with chairs.

And the people sitting in them.

The first one who catches my eye is a woman with wild black hair and a wide grin. She catches my eye and licks her lips, her evil smile getting bigger. I wince. She must be mad.

The man who caught us first outside sits beside her, with his son on his right. The woman on the other side of the boy must be his mother. A whole family of Death Eaters.

Then, my eyes trail to the head of the table.

That was a mistake.

The man has sickening blueish skin, and I can see veins the same color running through his body. His pupils are red slits, and he has a snake's nose. Oh wait, that's not a nose.

He smiles, and it's the most horrible thing I've ever seen.

"Harry Potter," he says in a voice that's higher pitched than I would have thought for someone so evil. "And Granger and a Weasley," he says, looking over the rest of us. "And...who is this?" His eyes come to rest on Sirius, who stands beside me.

Nobody answers. The Dark Lord smiles again. "Very well, then." I'm surprised he hasn't killed anybody yet. But when he looks at me, I can tell he's about to.

He shoots up from his seat. "Albus Dumbledore?" he yells with a roar. I step back and shake my head in denial.

"Kill them!" he yells. The crazed woman gets up first.

"Follow me!" Hermione yells as she heads back to the dungeon. Back to the dungeon? But as we approach, I can see she wants to save the pretty blond girl and the other man.

As we enter the cell, leaving the door open for escape, a little house-elf appears in front of us. "Dobby?" Harry asks in shock.

"Yes, sir," the house-elf says in a quivering voice. "Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends."

"Dobby, you can Apparate in and out of this place?" Hermione asks. Dobby nods. "Could you take them first?" She points to the girl and the man. Dobby takes their hands and disappears.

The woman starts to come down, but Hermione is quick to react. "Levicorpus!" The woman flies backwards.

Dobby reappears and takes my hand and Sirius'. When we Apparate, we land on a sandy beach. A cottage that appears to be made of shells lies a few feet away.

After a few minutes- a bit longer than I would have hoped -the house-elf comes back with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. But there's something sticking out of his chest...a knife.

Harry quickly pulls it out and murmers something. Dobby says something back, but I can't make it out. Then he collapses in Harry's arms.

Dobby is dead.