Chapter Fourteen

Hermione

After we help Harry bury Dobby, we decide to go back to the woods to plan in private.

We sit around the small table. "Alright," I say. "I think we're going to have to split up. There are five of us, but three more Horcruxes. We'll have to get the cup and diadem first. Harry, you and I can get the cup, it's too dangerous for you to be at Hogwarts. Sirius, Ron, and Albus, if you could go to the Room of Requirement and get the diadem, that'll be great."

Ron sets his head down on the table. "But how do we get the sword? And we still have to destroy this bloody thing." And he sets the locket on the table.

"I haven't figured that part out yet," I say. "But for now, we should go to bed. It's late, and I'm exhausted."

So we get all set up and go to bed.

***

Later, Harry shakes me awake, and something shines in his hand. A sword. The Sword of Gryffindor! And the Horcrux is in his hand...destroyed. Ron stands beside him, grinning like the fool he is. "What happened?" I demand.

And so Harry and Ron explain how Harry saw a Patronus, like a silver doe. He doesn't know exactly who's it was. The doe led him to the sword, and then Ron followed him and destroyed the Horcrux with the sword.

"Brilliant," I say when they're finished. "Now, everyone up!" I shake Sirius awake and Albus gets up and stretches his arms.

Once we're all awake and dressed, I tell Ron, Sirius, and Albus to go to the Hog's Head. They might be able to enter Hogwarts from there. Harry and I go back to Shell Cottage to talk to Griphook, the goblin who was also there.

Once there, Griphook asks how we got the sword.

"The sword presented itself to us in a time of need," Harry says. "But we need your help, Griphook. We have to get into Bellatrix Lestrange's vault at Gringotts."

Griphook doesn't ask us why, he just names his price.

The sword.

We agree.

Albus

Once we get to Hogsmeade, we enter the same pub we were in earlier. A man drags us inside and slams the door shut.

"What were you thinking, coming here!" he demands Ron, who looks a bit confused. But when the man's eyes train on me, they widen. "Albus? How?"

"You're Aberforth Dumbledore, aren't you?" Ron asks. Aberforth? Here? The man nods. "We need to get into Hogwarts," Ron explains.

Aberforth sighs, and looks as if he wants to say something, but decides against it. "Alright." He turns to a painting of a pretty young girl. I recognize her as...Ariana. "You know what to do." She nods and leaves.

"Where is she going?" I ask.

He turns back to me. "You'll see."

And we do. When she comes back, she has someone with her. Then, the painting swings open and someone comes out, a boy our age. "Neville?" Ron asks.

"Ron!" Neville says. "So you finally decided to come back, eh? Where's Harry?"

"He'll be back. He's somewhere else, but for now, we need to get into the Room of Requirement."

"Okay." Neville steps aside and ushers us into the passage. "Follow me."

And we do.

We go through the winding halls, and I'm guessing this is an underground passage to Hogwarts. Brilliant. While we walk, Ron and Neville catch up. I'm guessing they haven't talked in a while. "How is it with Snape as headmaster?" Ron asks.

"Awful," Neville says. But before he can say anything else, we reach a door, which Neville swings open. "Look who I have?" And Ron jumps out.

"Where's Harry?" a boy calls.

"Nice," Sirius says. "Looks like they're not happy to see you." He elbows Ron.

"Shut up, Sirius," Ron mutters. "Now, we have a plan. We'll be back sometime...with Harry." And with that, we rush out of the room to go find Ravenclaw's diadem.

Sirius

We run through the halls, being careful not to be caught by guards. Eventually, we make it to a deserted hallway. Ron stands in front of a wall, and a small door appears, gradually growing larger and larger. "Come on," Ron says, and we enter the room.

It's filled to the brim with stuff. Piles and piles of things, everywhere. "How are we supposed to bloody find it?" Ron asks, more to himself.

"Start looking," I say. So we do.

After a long while, I find a plain sort of box on a small end table. When I open it up, I see a sort of tiara, studded with purple-blue gems, in the shape of a bird. "Hey, I found it," I say, and put it in my pocket.

"Well, well," says a voice from the other end of the room. Ron, Albus, and I whip around to see it. Three boys stand there, their wands out and pointed at us. "Why'd you decide to come back?" I recognize the one speaking as the boy from the mansion we were just at. He looks an awful lot like Lucius Malfoy.

"No reason, Malfoy. We'll be going now." And Ron starts to make his way to the door.

"Oh, I don't think so," Malfoy says with a sneer.

"Avada Kedavera!" one of the others yells, and they all start shooting curses at us. I run for the exit, but then a bright orange light fills the room.

"Goyle set the bloody place on fire!" Ron yells. Then he sees a pile of broomsticks and throws them to us. We get on, but right before we're about to leave, Albus and I circle back and take the two boys who survived with us.

Outside of the door, we collapse on the ground. "Why'd you do that?" Ron asks, panting. I shrug. The boys run away.

I pat my pocket, where the diadem still lies. "Well, I got the Horcrux. Now we just have to destroy it."