Chapter 23

" Why are you looking so sad, Yerin? " Irene asked while combing her hair. I was sitting on the bed, thinking about that again.

" Do I look like that? "

" Yeah, it's almost like you're broken heart or something like that. Even Taehyung noticed it when we ate lunch today. " she said then sitting next to me once she finished combing her hair.

" No.. there's nothing like that. "

" But why are you looking so sad? Like really really sad for some reason, especially now. "

" I.. "

" I won't force you to say anything now, no. But promise me no matter what happens, you have to come to me. I'm right here, opening my arms for you. Okay? " she said then open her arms widely in front of me. I waste no more time then immediately dive in and hugs her tightly.

" What did I do in my previous life to meet someone like you huh? I must have saved someone life or even die for my country I guess? "

" Pft. I'm not that perfect okay? But I really care about you. "

" Promise me when time comes, you won't leave me okay? I might be really, really need you. " I sigh.

" Hey, You're worrying me.. but sure, I promise you. "

———

Weekend has come. I'm waiting for Mrs. Jung as usual at the coffee shop that we always met. But Mrs. Jung arrived earlier than I expected though. We greet each other a bit then go to the main topic.

" How is he doing? " she asked.

" He's doing super fine. Please don't worry about that. " I smiled back. " Actually..Mrs. Jung, I was wondering if I could tell him about um, everything? I just think I can't hide from him anymore..it's really doesn't feel right. It's almost suffocating me. "

" Hmm..you wanted to? It's fine then. You can tell him about it. I can't promise that he'll react nicely or not hm? "

" It's okay, Mrs. I kinda prepared for the outcome already. "

" And I also wanna ask about you two like, how are you two doing so far..? You know what I mean right. " she asked once again while smiling sheepishly.

" We just back from the trip a week ago and It was fun. Me and Jaehyun.. get along really well. He helped me out a lot, I feel so guilty since I'm the one who should be looking after him.. " I said while scratching my head in embarrassment.

" That's what I expected. I don't mind if he's helping you or taking care for you especially I don't mind even if he like you. " she chuckled.

" Uh.. "

" I'm his mom and I know what is my son's type. I think he really like you. That's glad- " Mrs. Jung suddenly stopped saying but staring at something at the back of me, terrifyingly.

Is it finally happening?

No, it shouldn't be like this.

I slowly turned back to look, having an idea of what made Mrs. Jung becomes so shocked like this.

That's it. It's really time.