Playdate

My take on the first prompt on the AMACon 30-Day Drabble Challenge. I hope I could keep up with this. 😲😲😲  Wish me luck please.  Huhuhuhuhu

//

I wonder why my human cannot sit still. He's been pacing back and forth like I do when I wanted to dig in the backyard.

"Globie! Hindi ko alam ang isusuot ko! Argh!"

Globie's head simply tilted to the side as if assessing his human's thinking capability. Should I be worried that he's now asking me for dressing advice? Well, my fur is indeed pretty. So...

"Susmaryosep, RJ. Si Menggay lang naman ito. Playdate lang naman ni Nini at Philip ito. Hindi naman matindihang date."

Ahhh... So he's taking that other furball to see my soon-to-be mistress. The one who kisses me every time she sees me. Globie whined a little and laid down his head on the floor.

"I know, boy," RJ said, kneeling down to scratch Globie behind his ears. "You want to see Menggay too? Kaso ang gusto niya muna daw si Philip para makapaglaro ni Nini. Gusto mo rin bang sumama?"

Me? In the car with that big... No. No, thank you. Globie whined some more and turned his head sideways. I'd rather stay here. Although the idea of those kisses...

Just then, the slightly opened door to RJ's bedroom opened some more, pushed by the very same... Erm... Furball that they were talking about. RJ stood up and opened the door wider to let Philip in. If dogs could only roll their eyes, Globie would have. Instead, he huffed as if annoyed and continued to lay down on his front paws and looked everywhere but at him.

Philip barked his loud, excited bark, blue tongue out, as RJ reached down to pet him on his head. "Excited ka na rin bang makita sina Menggay? Or malamang si Nini lang ang gusto mong makita, no? Galawang breezy ka rin, Philip ha?"

Because I learned from the best, Master! Philip barked out in answer, making RJ laughed and Globie huffed once more. Philip turned towards Globie and tilted his head to the side. Hello, big brother! Were you huffing at me? What did I do?!

Globie simply stood up and turned his back towards Philip, jumping up on RJ's bed to get more comfortable. Of course, you would cozy up to my human. That's my human, first!

But... But... Philip slowly stalked towards where Globie was laying down on RJ's bed. He's my human, too. Well, my master. My kind and very generous master. Do you know that he bought me those treats he said he got from Morocco! And this dog tag! And... and... But I know that you're the first one, big brother! Philip whined then barked some more.

Globie simply turned and looked towards where Philip was standing by the foot of the bed, tongue still dangling out. Good to know that you know your place, young one.

"Philip! Tara na! Male-late tayo kina Menggay!" RJ suddenly called out as he was putting a shirt over his head. He then quickly walked to where Globie was and gave him a squeeze and a nose kiss on his head. "Mamaya na lang ulit, Globie ha? Next time talaga isasama na kita. Promise."

Goodbye big brother! Philip barked out as he trotted after RJ who ran down the stairs and out of his house to start the car.

Take care of our human, young one.

//

"RJ!" Maine greeted him with a soft kiss and a hug. "You're here! I'm glad you got here safe. Hindi naman ba traffic papunta dito? Where's Philip? Nini is excited to see him!"

No, I am not! Nini softly barked beside her mistress, sitting primly although her tail was wagging at the sight of RJ and Philip trotting behind him. Well, ok - maybe I am. But my mistress said not to show that I am! Argh! Why must humans be so confusing?!

"Hello, love," RJ greeted back, hugging her to his side after kissing her back. "Eto na si Philip. Hindi rin yan mapakali sa kotse kanina pa. Gustong gusto na rin makita ang girlfriend niya."

"Eh, ikaw?"

RJ turned towards her and smiled softly before planting a chaste kiss on her lips. "Syempre naman. Lagi naman akong excited makita ang mahal ko eh."

Ugh! Humans are sometimes icky! Philip pranced towards Nini, ignoring their humans who started to tease and tickle each other, tail and head held high, tongue still out, however. How are you, my princess?

Stop calling me your princess! Nini huffed, turning her head to the side. I am fine though. She softly whined in return.

Is your mistress treating you all right?

She always does, Philip. Nini barked in her soft, melodious bark. She's the best mistress to have. She takes care of me and loves me unconditionally and she got me this dog tag from Morocco. Look!

Philip barked excitedly. It's the same as the one my master got for me too! Look!

"Mukhang nagkakaintindihan na naman ang mga babies natin," Maine whispered towards RJ as they watched their dogs interact, with Philip prancing around Nini and Nini simply sitting down with the occasional soft bark, following Philip with her eyes, tail wagging.

"Oo nga," RJ agreed. "Pasok muna tayo sa loob? Hindi pa ako nakakapag-hello kina Nanay at Tatay. Iwan na muna natin sila dito sa labas."

Maine nodded and took his hand as they walked towards the house, leaving the dogs. "Sige, tara. Ok lang naman sila dito."

Looks like we're alone here, my princess. Philip rumbled low in his throat, trying to go for the sexy growl that he sometimes hear from his master when he was with Nini's mistress. Care to cuddle here beside me?

Nini softly whined but laid down on the ground making Philip bark in excitement as he also laid down beside Nini to cuddle with her. Ahhh... This is total bliss...

Mistress was right. Nini rumbled as well.

What do you mean?

You would pull your breezy moves on me today. Just like she knew that your master would pull it with her, too.

"Arf! Arf! Arf!"