4.

Tenten's POV
Waking up my stiff muscles felt so much better after the bath I had taken last night.

I was excited to start the day so I could hang out with Temari later to actually have a peaceful and relaxing day with her.

I went through my usual morning routine and pondered what I could get Lee as an apology for yelling his ears off yesterday.

Getting dressed into a black skirt and a blue shirt since I was feeling pretty girly for once, I grabbed my purse and headed for the mall.

I didn't have a car because I lived in the middle of the city and I didn't really see the use for one when the subway was only a few blocks away. When I arrived at the mall and saw Temari with a secretive look I knew I was in trouble.

Out from behind Temari came the all too infamous boyfriend Shikamaru. Now most people would get mad because this was supposed to be a girl's day and their best friend brought their boyfriend, but I was okay with it. She hardly got to see him since of the job he worked and I was glad to see her really happy that she could spend some time with him.

'Sorry' she mouthed towards me although I just waved my hand in dismissal letting her know I was not at all mad.

After all she deserved some happiness in her life for having to deal with my issues all the time. Still, I was in high spirits to spend time with them. They could at least take my mind off of "him" for the time being.

Walking around with them was simple and I didn't have to worry about anything. I could just talk and they would answer simple as that. No brooding eyes that were secretly screaming.

Temari suggested that we go get a massage at the spa and I instantly became an Olympic sprinter rushing over to the spa and taking poor Temari and Shikamaru's arms with me.

Now personally I don't think someone using me as a personal punching bag would be the greatest feeling in the world but we all have to be wrong at some point.

Afterwards, Temari left to go find some food and I was left alone with Shikamaru.

Now he's not the type of guy to pry but you can definitely tell when he wants something from you. Like right now he's secretly glaring at me because he knows that something is on my mind and he wants to know.

He's a smart guy so he gives some pretty good advice and for the most part he's right about everything.

"Okay, fine I'll tell you" putting my head down in shame knowing he got me to crack and trying not to let the nerves get the better of me.

So I told him everything. All from waking up to almost passing out from mental and physical exhaustion by the time I was home. Now for once I was completely baffled because Shikamaru was speechless. In all the years I have known him when he was told something he never looked as baffled as he did right then.

"Well the guy is a complete jerk to say the least. Although, I bet you already knew that. You tend not to be very angry and so I understand why you're so confused on what happened. Now from what you told me I think you have a little infatuation with this guy. From even the beginning of you meeting him there's an instant attraction plus the two of you are kind of teasing each other the whole time. I don't see any reason why you are sow worker up over this because I bet you'll never meet him again but, you definitely need to make it up to Lee because to be honest Tenten that probably was heart breaking for the poor guy." He looked at me with a fierce glare and I took it head on because I knew I deserved it.

Lee has been the sweetest person ever to me and all he does is ask if I am okay and he gets yelled at. What kind of friend am I? The only question now was what to pick up for my friend so I could hopefully build up the strength to apologize to him.

Temari returned with our food and we continued our girl's day plus Shikamaru. All while I could just not believe that this guy who ever he was had gotten to me and changed me for the worse in a matter of minutes.

------Time Skip-------

After giving Lee his gift which was a red jumpsuit to add to his collection he cried, laughed, and then hugged me. Although, I profusely apologized over and over to him he just waved it off and hugged me tighter. He also told me that he wouldn't bother me as much as he now knew that sometimes I needed my space.

I smiled in return, but still feeling guilty because I knew in reality it was all my fault. No matter who told me differently.

Shikamaru was right though because that guy had not come in again for months and I finally felt like I could push him out of my life completely.

A lot had happened in that year too. Temari was pregnant and I heard from a little birdie that Shikamaru was about to pop the question. I was overly excited for her to have the baby and even more excited for her to get married.

I would probably end up killing her if she didn't make me the baby's godmother. Although, when I brought that up to her she had told me the baby also needed a godfather because it wasn't going to be one of my cats. Which I then proceeded to punch her because I was really hoping I didn't end up with 30 cats because frankly I hated the things.

Temari ten reassured me that I wouldn't be left all by lonesome and that my love story would make Broadway jealous. I was praying she was wrong but I had a feeling deep down that she wasn't going to be wrong.

So that's the next chapter! I know I did a time gap but I felt like that would just tie perfectly for what is going to happen next. So just hang in there with me and watch it play out! Also what do you guys think of having the next chapter a Shikatema for all those fans(obviously me). Don't be quiet readers I would love some comments and I won't be offended. If you have any questions on why I make the characters act a certain way just ask.

-Bye my elephants!