Wait I'm Your What?

Ross Pov
I finally got to see light and trees, but I was falling towards them. I look around and I see Shelby near me falling to. I had to be quick to save her. I took my hood off and turned into my squirrel hybrid. I dive down into the trees using my hands and feet to run down the tree. I make it to the ground just in time to catch Shelby. She looked asleep so I had to find a place we can stay in. I find a cave that was empty and set her against the wall to rest. My ears and tail were still out so mite as well stretch them out for awhile.
Shelby Pov
I wake up in a cave against the wall with no one in site. I get up and walk to the entrance of the cave and look around. I see Ross coming up to the cave with wood and ears and a tail? I freak out and run back into the cave. Hey uh Shelby it's ok don't worry I won't hurt you. How can I trust a hybrid? Well that's hash to someone who is and to your cousin Shelby. Wait cousin, wait I'm a hybrid?
Time Skip (1 hour later) Shelby Pov
Ross had told me we were cousins because our moms were sisters and how they were hybrids of squirrels. He told me that we met when we were younger and had our ears and tail, he also told me that when I was young I was taken swat from my mom and was told that hybrids were dangerous people-animals. So what are we doing Ross? Well we are going to see you tail and ears. Really how do I try that? Well uh do you always have you crown on? Yea I do why? Well let's just take that off. Oh ok. I take the crown off and give it to Ross. Then my ears come out and my tail whips out. I have red ear and a red tail with a black tip. Huh it looks like you got grandfathers part of squirrel in you Shelby. What how? Well granddad had a black tip on his tail and it looks like you got that. Oh that's pretty cool. Hey Shelby do you remember what happened last night? No I don't but all I could is seeing the ground disappear and strong wind. Oh ok well that's all you need to know I think so let's go we got to find the others. Where are we going? Well I did see a town about an hour or two away. Oh ok come on let's start walking! Um no we use the trees remember and don't worry if you fall you will land on your feet. What oh Ross if I die I will haunt you till you die. I know come on lets go before it gets dark. Ok. We started jumping tree to tree and I could remember that we used to do this where we were and we always seemed to miss a jump once or twice but we didn't care much.