≼ Chapter 1 ≽

⚠️Based off of Season 1⚠️

*Anna's POV*

I was sitting in English class writing my final paper on 'To Kill A Mockingbird' that we had finally finished reading. Jackson kept poking me to see what I was writing about, since he never read more than 5 pages, googled the whole book and still expected to pass this class.

"Would you quit it?" I hissed, scowling at him.

"Sometimes I really wish that twin telepathy really worked," he groaned.

"I'm glad it doesn't. Now shut up and write your own paper."

"Writing is a little overrated. Teachers expect too much these days," He complained. "Besides, I have nothing to write about."

Our best friend Ben spoke up. "I agree with that one."

Ben's dad was best friends with Jackson and I's dad, so it was just natural that we became best friends too and were coincidentally born around the same time. My best friend Maia sat next to me, we had met each other in second grade when she moved here and we've been best friends since then. We were a group of four best friends, two of us a pair of twins and we all shared and talked just about anything and almost everything with one another.

"I didn't ask for your input Ben," I asserted. He stuck out his tongue at me. I rolled my eyes. I sighed, turning back to my brother. "Just write about whatever you read on the first 5 pages, that way you can at least get a minimal grade." I then glanced at Ben again. "Ben you're supposed to be the smart friend and help me, not him," I contended.

"Anna, is there a problem back there?" Our teacher Mrs. Pulaski asked, craning her neck to look at us. Making the whole class turn heads at the four of us.

"No, Mrs. Pulaski. Everything is fine. I was just telling Jackson to get back to work." She nodded and everyone turned their heads back. I sighed and glared at Jackson and he just smiled and laughed mischievously.

We went back to writing and I guessed that Jackson had eventually written something. 10 more minutes had passed before Mrs. Pulaski called for us to put our papers in the basket. We all stood up slowly walking to the front of the classroom and placing our papers into the basket.

"There's something big falling from the sky." A kid I knew as Jeremy said, standing by the windows.

"I'm sure it's nothing Jeremy. Just take your seat so we can finish up class." Mrs. Pulaski stated patiently.

"No, no... Im serious. It looks like it's headed right towards us." He said again more urgently. Other kids in his row curiously stood up going to the window.

"He's not kidding. It looks like it's about to demolish us right now." Another kid stated. Mrs. Pulaski sighed going over to the window. She became wide eyed and turned to face the rest of the class. Curious, I took a couple small steps forward trying to peer out the window.

"There's more coming!" A girl shouted.

"Something just smashed into the neighborhood!"

"All right, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, everyone please just return to your seats." Mrs. Pulaski politely ordered, doing her best to hide her panic. I looked back at Ben who stood near Mrs. Pulaski's desk.

"There's a bunch that look like they're going to hit us!" Jeremy shouted out. Panic began to set into kids in the classroom, everyone curious as to what was falling, but also wanting to run for their life. I looked back at Jackson and Maia who were at their seats. I locked eyes with Maia and concern and fear was written across her face.