Chapter 10

Hey hey hey!

So I've just realised how terrible the cover to this book is...

But I suck at making them! So if anyone wants to make me a new one, feel free! You can message me on here, or send it via Instagram(@ami_dique) 

~The hyperactive cheese loving teenager

----------------------------------------------------

I didn't sleep again that night. But that's not what's on my mind. Today. Tonight. Its happening. We're going to take down Adam Hunt, and cross the first person off the list.

I looked at my alarm clock for what felt like the hundredth time, 4:38. No one would wake up for at least another 4ish hours. But I can't stand just lying here stuck with all my thoughts, and memories. With that in mind I crawl out of bed, and put a robe over my pyjamas.

I walk downstairs, and start heading towards the main TV room. I stop in my tracks when  hear whispers coming from another room. Thea's room. I peep in the room, and sure enough there is Thea, a phone pressed against her ear. She glances around every second or two, checking to see if she's alone. I pull out of sight, and just listen.

"Hello?" Thea whispers into the phone. I can't make out what the person on the other end is saying, so I just listen for Thea to continue.

"So I can expect the delivery from you at the party tonight?" She pauses, and nods. What delivery? At what party? The only party I know of is Oli and I's welcome home bash, but surely she isn't going?

"Great. Chrissy is bringing some of that other stuff this morning before school as well. Whats it called again? Telcasy?" She pauses again waiting for clarification. Telcasy? Whats that?

"Right, ecstasy," she nods. Ecstasy? What would Thea want with a drug like ecstasy?

"Ah, thank god. I've been needing a hit up to get my mind off things," she smiles after that last comment and hangs up. Thea does drugs. Thea, my precious beautiful 17 year old baby sister is on drugs. And not just any drugs, ecstasy. Well, looks like Oli and I aren't the only ones who have changed.

------------------------------------

I finally finished adding some makeup onto my face. Trust me, its hard trying to use makeup after not having seen it in just over 5 years. I look at myself in the mirror. I don't see anyone I recognise. I see a shell. From a glance she seems like an average everyday girl. Nothing abnormal. But once you look more carefully into my eyes you notice that the once bright blue is now a darker navy. Then theres the fact that she'll never be able to wear a two piece bathing suit ever again, never mind that. She can't even wear a one piece for that matter. Scars cover most of my body, and there are many sections of skin paler than the rest from scrapes and burns. 

The thunder storms outside lighting up my room, and for a split second, I see the girl I was on the island. Ripped baggy clothing, dirt covering any exposed skin, dried blood here and there, hair that would've looked better if teased. She's who I really am inside. But it was only there for a second, before once again I stood there. This girl wears a short tight black mini dress, showing off the slightest bit of cleavage. Consoler covers all my chest hiding the scars, and dark eye shadow surrounds her eyes making it seem like she don't actually have black bags under them. Her black hair is left hanging in its natural waves. I don't recognise this girl. She is only a shell of the monster I really am.

Earlier Oli and I had gone to the venue of the party to drop off the bags with our hoods in them, perfect for when the time comes. But until then, I have to put on an act. I have to pretend to be the old Ali. The party animal. The girl who never feared the stage or the spotlight. The girl who wanted to be the centre of attention. But unlike any party I've ever been to in the past, tonight is an act. Tonight everyone will think they're seeing the usual Alison Queen, but they won't know who I really am. They can't. I can't have anyone finding out. My identity is my biggest asset.

"Ali, you look beautiful sweet heart," mum says giving me a hug. I smile in response.

"You really do," Walter says. Yeh nope, he's not getting anything. I just ignore him and pretend I didn't hear him and follow Oli to the car, and of course Diggle is taking us.

"Wouldn't want you guys missing your own party would we?" Diggle reassures. So, we may or may not've ditched Diggle again earlier today to train a little then drop off our bags at the party venue. Whoops? 

We smile and nod before getting into the car. 

I feel butterflies in my stomach as I walk into the building for the party. What if someone realises this is an act? What if someone finds out who I really am? Shut up Ali! I mentally scold myself. You're fine. Just smile. 

The music is pounding throughout the building, lights bouncing around. We walk to the steps and start down them. The room is packed with people in short skirts and men is suits. Tommy meets us half way.

"Oli, Ali," He shouts over the music. We smile in return.

"What no hello hug Ali?" He asks. I roll my eyes and hug him. Tommy then whistles and the music dies, everyone turns to us.

"Man and women of the hour!" Tommy shouts tapping our shoulders.

"Someone get them a drink!" Tommy ads, with that Oli and I are each handed a shot glass, and pushed onto the stage. Right, they want us to continue.

"We miss to party!" I shout and gulp down the shot, feeling the burn in my throat.

"Lets get this party started!" Oli finishes for me. As he finishes the music blares again, I quickly check my watch. 9:22. Ali, you've got time. I smile and step off the stage. 

So for the next half an hour I chatted to different people - most I didn't recognise. Everyone smiled and was polite. The entire time Tommy had his arm draped over my shoulder, and he was quite drunk, if I was't there he would've fallen over by now. I was always checking the time. 9:49. Its getting closer. I look up from my watch and notice a shimmery gold dress gliding through the crowds with confidence. I watch as the girl continues until she stops. Its Thea. She's with another girl and a man. I see the man gave Thea a tiny ziplock bag with a few pills inside. This is the party she was talking about in the early hours of the morning. I quickly push Tommy into a chair and stalk up to Thea.

"Thea?" I ask.

"Ali! Hey sis! Partys killer ay?" Thea responds jumping up and down to the music.

"What are you doing here?" I question. Ali realises my seriousness and her smile drops.

"Ali, I'm not 12 anymore,"

"No, you're 17," I clarify.

"And? I can come to parties if I want!" She says. I glare at her.

"Fine, c'mon girls. Lets bounce," Thea says before walking off with her friends. A few seconds pass, before she checks her purse, I'm guessing looking for her pills because her face falls. A smile spreads across mine as I put the pills I'd taken out of her purse in  the bin. I see Diggle smiling at my action from across the dance floor. I check my watch again. 9:59. I look around for Oli. I see him upstairs talking to Laurel. Thats probably not going to go well. My phone buzzes telling me its 10:00. I check the bank account Oli and I have given Adam Hunt. $0.00. I smirk. Finally, a reason to blow off some steam.

I walk off towards the place Oli and I hid our bags, but as I step into the corridor Diggle stops me.

"Ali? What are you doing?"He asks. Crap.

"Needed to get away for a bit," I reply. He shakes his head, and points towards a door leading back to the party.

"Parties this was miss," he says. I smile and go to the door. I pretend to try to open it.

"Locked, sorry." I say. He glares at me, and tries for himself, but as he puts his hand on the handle, I push his head into the door knocking him out. He won't remember much from now when he wakes up. I continue to the bags to see Oli there.

"Sorry, had to get rid of Diggle first," I say. He nods and we grab our bags. Show time.