Chapter 4

Oli and i are still standing in our hospital room. We demanded to be put in the same room. We can see mum has just arrived, and is chatting to the doctor.

"20% of Oliver's body is scar tissue, he has 2nd degree burns on his legs and arms. X-rays show at least 12 fractures that haven't healed properly." the doctor says

"and Alisha is much worse, 32% of her body is scar tissue, also 2nd degree burns on her arms and legs, and 15 fractures that haven't healed properly" the doctor says.

Mum shows a worried look.

"Moira, the Oli and Ali we found, might not be the Oli and Ali you lost" said the doctor.

"Have they said anything?" mum asks.

"They haven't really said anything at all" he replies.

Mum walks in. There is a silence for a while. As if there is a ghost in the middle of our little circle.

"my beautiful twins!" mum says starting to cry, she comes up to us and gives us a hug.

"mum" Oli and i whisper.

We get into a car, and go home. When we're home, a man opens the boot and grabs our wooden crates, Oli and i say its fine, and grab our crates our selves. We start heading towards the front door. Its upsetting to know we're arriving home, to tell Thea dad died in front of our eyes. But Oli and I have discussed, we're just going to say both dad and Sara drowned, and only Oli and i made it to the raft. We walk into the house.

"Oli, Ali, so nice to see you" a man says.

"It's me, Walter Steele" says Walter.

"you remember Walter, from Queen Consolidated" mum says.

Oli goes over to Rosy.

"hi Rosy" i say.

"Rosy... so nice to see you" Oli says to Rosy.

I go over to the stair case, Thea's at the top, she runs down straight into my arms.

"i knew you weren't dead! i knew!" she cries.

She goes over to Oli and gives him a hug to.

"your bedrooms are the way you left them, we never had the heart to change them" mum says.

Oli and i go to our rooms. I go into my room, then i see a door, that connects to Oli's room, i completely forgot it was there, probably because Oli nor i ever opened it. I go over to it, its a bit hard to open, but i'm a lot stronger then i was 5 years ago, i finally manage to open it. Oli and i decided we'll keep it open, we've grown closer to each other over the past 5 years. I unlock my crate, and grab out the note book Oli and i found in dads pocket, and put it on my desk, then i lock the crate and put it under my bed. I hear the front door open, i don't bother to go down and see who it is, a couple of minutes later, someone knocks my door.

"come in" i yell from across the room. I go back to my computer and open safari. Tommy enters... i RACE over to him, and jump into his arms.

"Tommy!" i cry.

"Ali, i missed you so much" he says.

I get down. Oli comes into my room, via the connected door.

"Tommy!" Oli says

"Oliver!" Tommy says.

They give each other a 'man' hug. We go down to dinner.

"Oli, Ali, you're home, don't be afraid to eat" Thea jokes.

On the island we didn't each much, and we're so used to it now, we get full eating the smallest amounts.

"tomorrow, us 3. We're hitting the city" Tommy says gesturing to Oli and i.

"i think thats a great idea" Mum says, holding Walters hand. Wait, what! Holding Walters hand... i can see Oli is thinking about the same thing, i give Oli a confused/worried look. Then, Rosy trips. Oli catches her.

"розовый" i say.

"ты в порядке(are you alright)" Oli asks.

"wow, you guys know russian?" Tommy laughs.

"I didn't know you guys took, Russian in school." Walter says.

"I didn't know you wanted to sleep with my mother" Oli says.

"Oli..." i say.

There is a long awkward silence.

"honey, Walter and i are married" mum says.

"i didn't say anything" Thea says putting her hands up to show her 'innocence'.

"she didn't have to" i said quite annoyed.

"and i don't want either one of you to think either of us disrespected Robert" my mum says grabbing Walters hand.

Oli and i leave the table, and go to our bedroom.

"hey, remember tomorrow" Tommy whispers to us as we leave.