Chapter 12

AUSTIN----

She's so beautiful. I can't get over it. I really don't understand how people could talk behind her back so much. I guess they're just jealous. I don't know.

I decided to go over to Brian's. I sat down on his couch but then we went to the basement.

"Dude," I sighed, "I think I like her."

"You actually like someone?" Brian laughed.

I scowled at him, "yeah I think I do."

"Dude why?" He asked.

"She's gorgeous," I said, "she has a good personality under the one she's put on."

"She's a slut," Brian said.

"No she's not!" I snapped, "she's not!"

He sighed and he walked up the stairs. I heard the front door and then Emma's voice. She probably brought home another dog and is asking Brian to keep it. She always does that. Their parents are always away. Actually on the other side of the world. Their parents pay for everything and as long as they look out for eachother then they're good. Their parents are kinda like mine. Only thing is both my parents disappeared years ago. I live with my uncle Jhonny. He's usually at work a whole lot too. I don't usually Follow the rules but that's just me.

I heard her go up the stairs and I just stayed down here. I know she doesn't like me. I've hurt her too much. I've made her cry too much. I won't ever forget the first time I saw her. Bruises covered the side of her face and I wondered to my self what the hell happened. I wish she'd let me know why. That she would tell me everything that was wrong.

She won't give me the time of day. She never really has. I sat down.

"Man," I sighed, "I need to talk to her. In school. I'll just apologize to her."

I put my hands in my hair and just sat there.

SKYLAR-----

I walked back down the stairs with Emma. It was almost 5.

"I..I should go," I said.

"Awe," she sighed, "are you sure?"

"Yea-

"Brian!" I heard.

I turned around and saw Austin standing there. Our eyes locked.

"Yeah," I nodded.

I turned quickly and walked out. I went to my house and my dad was sitting on the couch. I stopped and looked at him. Eyes wide.

"Where the hell have you been!" He snapped.

"I..I was um I was just out..um..outside," I stammered.

I felt his hand hit my face. I fell to the ground and tears came instantly. He picked me up and pushed me into the wall. His hands went around my neck and he pushed me against the wall.

"Where were you!" He screamed.

"I..I was..I was out," I choked.

He threw me into the stairs. I grabbed my head and yelled out. I slowly stood and ran to my room. I shut my door and leaned against the wall. I just couldn't hold it in anymore.