You pretend to hate each other, but you secretly like each other

Niall: “Go pick on someone your own size!” You shout, sprinting down the stairs to get away from it all. “Whatever, your just upset because I won” Louis, one of your best friends, sighs and runs after you. You roll your eyes to yourself and go into the kitchen where the entire band were sitting around the table, helping themselves to the food in your fridge. “No, it’s okay. I don’t pay for that food or anything” You say sheepishly, but jokingly. “Lighten up, Y/N” Niall grumbles from one side of the table. You cross your arms across your chest. It’s always been like this with Niall. He’s always thought you were the serious, boring one. But you were actually fun and bright if he ever took the time to get to know you. “Lighten up, yourself” You mumble under your breath as you go to take a seat next to Louis at the table, hoping no one heard. Unfortunately, Niall did. “Whatever, your the one whose always so snobby” He replies sharply. Everyone at the table stopped having their own private conversations and watched the two of you bickering. ‘Gee, thanks guys’ you think and try to ignore their dejected expressions. “Snobby?! Honestly?! Your the one who never talks to me when i’m around! You always ignore me! If anything, your the snobby one!” You fire back, glad to have it off your chest, not glad you said it in front of everyone. “I ignore you?! You ignore me! Trust me, babe, I think I would know!” Niall narrows his eyes at you and sets his drink down. “You obviously don’t! Why don’t you stop being so stubborn and just for once act bloody normal!” And with that, you shove the chair back and march out of the room. You run up the stairs, despite Louis calling for you as you did, and straight into your room. A few minutes later you hear soft knocking on the door, you figure it’s Louis coming to check on your so you climb off the bed and go to open the door, tears still drying on your cheeks. But it isn’t Louis. It’s Niall. He sees the running lines on your face and your puffy cheeks and instantly, his expression softens. “Hey, can I come in?” He nods back to the bedroom and you sigh, not actually knowing what to do, so you let him in. He sits on the edge of the bed and pats the space next to him, indicating for you to do the same. You wearily sit a few paces from him and hug your knees to your chest. “Look, Y/N, i’m really sorry you thought I was ignoring you. I wasn’t, I swear. I just always thought you hated me, so I tried to hate you back. I’m sorry, i just guess I got the impression that—” “—-that I hated you?!” You finish for him and he nods. “Niall, I don’t hate you! I mean, I didn’t exactly like you but thats because we never barley spoke” You admit, sliding off your knees and siting up a little straighter. “Well, to be honest, I was pretty gutted when I thought you hated me because, I fancied you quite a bit” Niall blushes and looks at you sheepishly. “Seriously? Thank god! I thought I was the only one” You laugh and he looks so much more relieved. “I’m sorry, Y/N”. You pull him into your arms and just laugh at how stupid the two of you were.

Liam: “So anyway, then I was just like excuse me, thats mine” You say to your friend over the phone. You and your five best friends, the boys, were lounging around having a movie night. And since Niall, Louis, Harry and Zayn were all getting movies and food so you were stuck with Liam, the only guy you thought hated you. You had absolutely no problem with him, but he always avoided you in every situation. Except now, he kept glaring at you. “Do you mind?!” Liam snaps. “One sec, Y/F/N” You press the phone to your chest, “What, Liam?”. “Do you mind not talking so damn loud, it’s not like the whole world needs to hear about you returning some pants” He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms across his chest. “I gotta go, Y/F/N, i’ll call you later” You hang up on your friend and turn to Liam, ready to settle what the hell his problem with you was. “Whats your problem?”. “Excuse me?” He says innocently, making you want to literally tear him down bit by bit. “Whats your problem with me?! Your always avoiding me and ignoring me, and when you do talk to me, your mean and snide. Like, what have I done to you?!” You stand up, debating whether to walk over to his couch or not. “Y-you haven’t done anything” Liam mumbles, looking down at his hands as his face turns red. “Then why do you hate me?!”. “I don’thate you. I just…never mind” He looks away, now only avoiding your eyes. “Liam?” You say softly and go to sit next to him, trying to turn his face to look at you, “What is it?”. “It’s just that, your this insanely amazing girl whose literally perfect at everything. And I knew that I could feel myself falling for you, but I just can’t let that happen. Because, then i’ll fall hard. I’m sorry, I was stupid and I shouldn’t of said that. I’m sorry—”. You gently, but quickly, put your lips onto his to shut him up. You felt him smile into the kiss and as you pulled away, he was grinning, and blushing like mad. “What was that for?” He smirked, your faces still inches apart. “I was just so relieved that you like me too” You shrug, your hand slipping from his neck to his shoulder. “Too? You mean, you like me?” Liam raised his eyebrows suggestively and you pull away from him as the boys come into the room. Liam keeps smiling at you all throughout the movies, but you manage to keep to yourself until you find yourself unconsciously leaning into his arms throughout the movie.