Chapter 12 - Elizabith

[NOT EDITED]

Ashton's POV

"Because even after everything you still love him." She said.

No. I can't. I can't love him Katherine.

I directly kicked that thought to the back of my mind. I don't want to think about it.

But why deep inside i know that she is telling the truth.

Don't think about it !

But there is no other explanation.

Just don't think about it !

I placed my head on her chest while her hand found its way to my hair.

She ran her hand gently inside it making me relax.

"You should sleep." She said her hands still playing with my hair softly, "You look so tired."

And she was right.

I am tired.

Physically and mentally.

But I don't think sleeping would be the solution to my tiredness.

I lowered my head and placed it in her lap. I closed my eyes feeling sudden warmth engulf me from the inside.

If it wasn't for Katherine, i would've lost my mind already.

Her hand kept gently moving in my hair stroking it making my tensed muscles relax that it didn't take me long to drift to sleep.

*****

When i woke up , i was sweating , my throat dry , my heart racing and my head pounding.

It took me a moment to realize where i am and remember what happened last night.

The memories of the dream i had directly faded away and to that i was grateful.

I grabbed my phone to check the time , feeling the pounding of my head just intensify.

It is still nine in the morning , and we still have till twelve to go back to the hospital.

But even though i slept for only three hours , I don't feel like sleeping anymore.

My gaze went to Katherine beside me, she was fast asleep.

Eyelids closed against the light rays of the sun and her breathing deep and relaxed, all the muscles in her face and body were totally at peace, like a small baby.

I don't know how long i stayed like this, just staring at her peaceful sleeping figure unable to look away.

I inched closer , my gaze traveled to her stomach and a smile crept its way to my lips as i noticed her small tiny baby bump.

My hand acted on its own and went toward Katherine's stomach, it was trembling for unknown reason.

"Hey little you." I said , my voice a mere whisper. I didn't know how to address the baby , I don't know if its going to be a girl or a boy.