Chapter 13 - Anger and Scary Men

Edited

Willow's Pov

My ears rang as I slowly came to, fighting the urge to go back to sleep. My eyes were full of boogers and tears ready to fall, but I refused to let them. I was too focused on the angry voices resonating throughout the house.

The floor seemed to shake as I heard a loud yell, making my eyes fly open. My forehead was slick with sweat when I went to wipe it, only managing to smear the wetness around.

"Gross," I muttered as I slowly got up. Gently getting into a seated position, I folded my hands in my lap and looked at the time. There was a small clock hanging on the wall which read 3:45 pm. That was way past the time I was suppose to wake up. I furrowed my eyebrows as another loud scream was heard, one full of anger and undeniable rage.

Brushing my hair away from my eyes, I slowly untangled my legs and proceeded to get up. Standing on the sleek carpet, I managed to weakly maneuver my way towards the door. Lifting a shaky hand, I timidly grasped the golden handle and managed to crack open the door before hiding behind it. I did not want to be seen, especially if one of the guys were royally pissed.

When I continued to hear slightly hushed voices, ignoring the occasional yell, I peeked my head out into the hallway and let out a shaky breath.

"Okay, Willow, you can do this," I spoke confidently to myself, trying to get fake confidence and not chicken out. "You're only sneaking out of your room and ease dropping on a conversation, what could go wrong?" I let out a humorous laugh at the end. If I was caught, I would definitely be dead.

Gulping loudly, I ignored the chill that attacked my legs as I crept into the hallway. Silently closing the door behind me, I looked both ways before following the constant voices rattling the house. Pulling down what I presume was Xander's shirt, not knowing how it got there, I nervously bit my lip. I really hope this works out for me..

Trailing a hand against the wall for support, seeing as I hadn't eaten today, I let my jelly legs guide me further down the hallway. When I reached the ridiculously high staircases, I took a large breath before silently creeping my way down. My feet were covered in a pair of black socks that were considerably fuzzy, making me smile as I continued on. At least someone was nice here, cough cough Xavier.

Seeing as the voices were coming from the kitchen, I continued trailing my right hand against the wall for support as I grew closer. Wiping away any fallen tears, I ignored the slight sting I got from it. Ah, crusty eye boogers fell onto my cheeks, the bastards. I had peeked inside Lily's room to discover her playing with dolls and completely unaware of the noise emitting from downstairs.

When I finally reached the kitchen, I hid behind the wall and proceeded to encourage myself. "Cmon Willow, you're a ninja when it comes to being silent. You can do this." I wiped under my nose with the bottom of the white shirt I was wearing before slowly peeking inside the kitchen.

When I looked inside, my shy smile immediately dropped from my face. Because inside the amazingly large kitchen, were at least fifteen very bulky men.

Covering my mouth to contain the squeal that desperately wanted to come out, I made extra sure I was hidden from any wandering eyes. My body slowly shook as I took in all their appearances, might I add, very scary appearances.