darling

J

Jay always sweeps through Louis' room when he's gone, just to make sure he doesn't have any sort of dirty piece of clothing laying on the ground so she didn't have to do the laundry again. She walked in with the basket filled with clothing by her hip, one hand holding it up while the other laid limp in case she found a dress or something. She was humming something quietly to herself, hearing the loud and obnoxious yells her daughters were making, but she ignored it. They were probably fighting over whose stuff is whose.

The ground seemed to be pretty clear of clothing, just occasional wrappers of lollipops were scattered around. Louis was always a pretty tidy person ever since he was young. He would always help his mother clean the floors and put away the dishes even when Jay protested. She thought that a boy at his age should be going outside and playing, not staying indoors and helping around the house. He would do that when he got older.

As Jay was stepping around the bed to grab a cup of water that was sitting on his nightstand, her right foot stepped on something rather hard, causing her to wince and look down at what it could've been. There lie — a very large — brass ring that had a big red stone in the middle. Jay's eyebrows furrowed at the sight, gently setting down the basket and leaning down so she could inspect it further. She had never bought Louis this ring — or any type of ring, for that matter — so she wonders how this could've showed up in his room.

She gets startled when she hears Fizzy's voice from behind her, "Mum, please come and tell Lottie that my scarf isn't hers." Jay quickly stuffs the ring in her back pocket without a second thought and gives a tight smile to her daughter, many thoughts swarming around her mind so it took her a while before she could even say anything in response.

"Coming."

L

Louis had a smile on his face on his way home. He always did whenever he hung out with the Mad Hatter. Harry was always so sweet and gentle with him, something he really really liked. Louis walked up to his house and bent over to take out the key that was nestled inside of his left sock. Before he could even unlock the door, it was already swinging open, his mother standing there with a small smile on her face. "Oh, hi, mummy!" Louis exclaimed as he walked inside the house, about to go up to his room but his mother stops him.

"Louis, we need to talk." Jay says in a small voice, almost as if she was hesitating. The blue eyed boy turns around with confusion written all over his face, wondering what could of happened. Without talking, Louis moves slowly and cautiously towards one of the couches in their living room, sitting down and crossing his leg over the other. His heart was picking up its pace and he's pretty sure his face was now flushed. Even thought he doesn't know what it is, he's still pretty scared.

Jay's face is scrunched up into some kind of emotion that Louis doesn't recognize, watching as her eyes flutter back and fourth between him and the spot to the right of him on the couch. She sighs and sits next to him, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Well, you know how I always go into your room on laundry day, right?" Louis nods his head, eyes narrowed, "okay, so, as I was walking I stepped on something . . ." she trails off, reaching in her back pocket and pulling out the object.

Louis' eyes go wide when he sees what it is. Harry's ring. His mouth opens and closes, not knowing what to say. "I, uhm, it's — uh . . ." he stutters like a mad man, causing him to close his eyes and curse to himself mentally. "I've never seen that." Louis finally says after a while, lying straight through his teeth. He sounds so stupid, he realizes, because who could he have not seen it if it was in his room, supposedly.

Jay puts a hand on his shoulder, giving him a knowing look, "Louis, tell me the truth." The petite boy looks down at his hands that were intertwined in his lap, moving his thumbs as if he were texting someone. Just as Louis was about to say that it was his ring, Jay speaks up, "Are you seeing someone, love? Is that why this ring is in your room? Oh my god, you are! Tell me who! Is it Richard? He's such a lovely man." The more his mother talked about it the more she seemed to like the idea, voice getting higher and more excited.

Louis is about to protest, about to say that no, he wasn't seeing anybody at the moment, but that would just make this whole scenario more suspicious. So instead he nods his head, letting out a breath and putting on a fake smile. "Yeah, I am his name is, erm . . ." he pauses momentarily, mind all jumbled up so he says the first name that comes to his mind, "Jack." Jack was a man that Louis had met at the ball his mother organized, but he didn't really like him that much so he didn't ask for his number or anything.

Jay's face lit up like a Christmas tree, the corners of her mouth turning up into a large grin. "Jack! He's amazing. I met him at the market when he helped me put my grocery bags in my car. Very handsome, as well." she winks and nudges Louis with her elbow. The boy laughs awkwardly, nodding and scratching the back of his neck. "You know what you should do? Invite him over for dinner on Saturday. I want to talk to him some more and see what his intentions are."

And — Louis' face was pale now, mouth wide open and jaw hung. This was never his intention, to practically expose himself for lying. He couldn't help it though. "Sure! Just give me his address because I forgot to ask him for it, that night." He says before he can think about it. Everything was going downhill now, and Louis is sure he's going to piss his pants any second. It's fine, he just needs to go see Jack and convince him to pretend to be his boyfriend and come over for a short dinner.

Jay squeals and claps her hands, getting up off the couch and running out of the room. Louis was confused. Was this conversation over, now? He's about to get up from the sofa when Jay comes back with a small booklet, flipping through a couple pages as she sits down next to him again. She makes a high pitched sound and passes the book to Louis, pointing to where it said Jack Hills. It gave all of his information such as; where he lived, his home number, and his emergency contact number. Louis was going to ask how she got all of this but decides against it. "I can't wait to meet your boyfriend!"

"Yeah . . . me too."

NOTE: DRAMA IS COMING UP !!
BUCKLE YOUR SEAT BELTS BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE A BUMPY RIDE (((;