prologue

"Hi Mister Mad Hatter — oops! I mean Harry." Louis giggles, skipping towards Harry who is standing next to a pond, a smirk playing on his rosy lips.

Harry smiles down at the dainty boy, watching as he spins around and admires his dress that his mother chose for him to wear.

"Oh my." Louis giggles when he almost falls over, a wide smile playing on his thin yet admirable lips while he tries to steady himself.

"Hello, doll. Nice to see you again." Harry politely says, grabbing one of Louis' small hands and bringing it to his lips, placing a soft kiss on his knuckles.

Louis blushes and pulls his hand back, tugging on the hem of his pink dress nervously.

"My mummy has already made the list of people who are coming to our masquerade ball and guess what!" Louis exclaims, looking up at Harry with big blue eyes. Innocent eyes.

"What, princess?" Harry smirks, eyes filled with lust while he admires how good Louis' thighs look in his white high knee socks.

"You are invited!" Louis squeals, clapping his hands together and jumping up and down. "You'll go, won't you?" The blue eyed boy stops bouncing, trying to look at Harry seriously.

Harry smiles, right hand reaching out for Louis' hip and bringing him closer, lowering his lips down to Louis' ear.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world, princess."

NOTE: louis is going to be so innocent in this book.

this is not going to follow along completely with the movie — it'll have its own little twists.