sweetheart

"Louis! C'mon, we don't have enough time!" Jay yells, frantically fixing her own hair in the mirror, taking her eyes off of herself when she sees her little Louis running in with his dress and high knee socks, looking very petite and fragile. "Oh honey . . . here lets do your makeup—do you want me to put blush on you?" she asks, sitting him down in a chair gently.

"Yes, mummy, please make me look even more pretty." He mumbles, pulling his knee socks even higher. Louis looks at himself in the mirror, admiring how the blush looks on his tan skin as his mum puts it on. "Mummy, how does The Mad Hatter look like?" He asks, making Jay still her movements, peering at him through the mirror.

"Uhm, well . . . he's a very young man with—with long, curly hair and bright green eyes." She mutters lowly, gulping loudly before grabbing the tube of mascara and turning Louis' chair, swiping some on his long eyelashes. "He doesn't even look like he's bad—but that doesn't mean he isn't." Jay sighs, putting away the tube and looking into Louis' eyes. "Louis . . . If you happen to meet The Mad Hatter, please don't do anything . . . that could possibly make him angry, love. We don't know what he could do."

"Okay, mummy, I won't do anything to make him mad, I promise." He sighs, getting off the chair. "But . . . can him and I be friends if he says yes?" Louis asks timidly, afraid that his mother will yell at him, but she only closes her eyes and brings a hand to her forehead, moving her face the other way. "Please?" He whispers. All he wants to do is be friends with new people, and what better way to start than befriending The Mad Hatter?

"Go back to your room, darling. The party is about to start in a couple minutes and we have to make an entry down the steps. Make sure to tell Fizzy and Lottie too, I'll grab Phoebe and Daisy." She says and walks away, leaving Louis shocked. Was The Mad Hatter really that bad? Did nobody like him?

"O—okay." Louis looks down, playing with his fingers and walking out of her room, knocking on his sisters room that they shared. "Fizzy, Lottie? It's like . . . time. Come out!" He yells quietly because he already hears a lot of people chatting away down stairs, probably drinking wine and looking for a new lover.

Out come Fizzy and Lottie with large dresses, make up caked on their face and their hair done so dramatically. "You know, I heard The Mad Hatter was going to be here tonight—and I also heard that he is gorgeous. I'm going to try and talk to him and see if he could take interest in me." Lottie tells her sister as they step out, completely ignoring Louis who was following right behind them.

They all catch up with their mother who is standing by the side of the stair case, one hand clasped in Phoebes' and one in Daisys'. "There you guys are! Okay, let's get going." Jay says and they all nod, making their way down the stairs with their heads held high and smiles printed on their faces. Everybody cheers, men occasionally whistling at them.

"Here is Phoebe, Jay, Daisy, Louis, Fizzy, and Lottie! The hosts of your party tonight!" Some guy with a microphone speaks.

Once they're all at the bottom of the steps, they break parts. Jay and the two little girls going somewhere to talk to their friends, Fizzy and Lottie probably going to try and find some boys, but Louis just quickly goes outside in the vacant backyard, looking at how the pond gleamed with the moon light flashing down at it.

Louis huffs, crossing his arms while trying to think of what he could do. Niall is not here yet, or else he would've already found him. They always hang out in the backyard during these parties, usually just dancing around like idiots or even ending up with Louis sleeping on Nialls' lap, holding him tightly like Niall was going to leave him.

"Hmm." Louis hums a random tune as he twirls around, looking up at the sky and letting his dress blow in the wind. He closes his eyes, opening them after he stops twirling and he giggles when he stumbles over his own feet, vision blurry. "Oh!" Louis laughs quietly to himself, biting his lower lip and shaking his head to stop the world spinning before his eyes.

"Oh my, aren't you stunning?"

Louis suddenly gasps, trying to look around but he only trips on a rock below him. He lets out a squeal as his bum hits the ground, groaning and looking up to find a gorgeous man staring back at him in amusement. "Oh! Hello, sir! I didn't know anybody was out here." He pouts cutely, looking hesitantly down at the hand the man offers him. Louis grabs it, lifting his body off the ground and dusting the dirt from behind his dress. "What's your name? I've never seen you before."

The green eyed man smirks, biting his lower lip as his eyes travel down to the boys thick thighs in his knee socks. He clears his throat, peering back up at the boys beautiful face before answering honestly. "People know me as The Mad Hatter, but you can call me Harry." Harry was expecting the boy to run away in fright, to scream loudly—but he didn't, that just made the small boy smile even more.

"Really? I've always wanted to meet you, sir! Everybody talks about you and I always felt so left out." Louis giggles before squeaking, putting a hand up to his necklace covered chest. "I forgot to tell you; my name is Louis . . . but you can call me Louis." Harry chuckles at that, kneeling down a bit and bopping the blue eyed boys nose.

"You're so cute." He whispers into Louis' ear, smirking devilishly when the boy grips his biceps and breathes out heavily. Harry pulls back, observing at Louis' face. His cheeks were flushed a bright rosy pink, his lips had bite marks on them, and his eyes were so blue they looked like the ocean. "How did I stumble across some so beautiful?" Harry asks.

"I—I don't know, Harry . . ." Louis looks down embarrassingly, digging the heel of his shoe in the dirt. He looks back up at the man, biting his lip. "Can we be friends, mister? I've always wanted new friends. The only friend I have is Niall because my sisters always ignore me." He states sadly, looking away from Harrys' intense gaze.

"Of course we can be friends, Princess." Harry breathes out, gripping Louis' waist quickly and lifting him up, the boy squeaking and wrapping his sock covered legs around Harrys' torso. "Maybe when we get to know each other we can be more than friends." He mutters, kissing Louis' cheek then his collarbone, slightly sucking before pulling away. "You can't tell your mum about this, okay darling?"

"Yes, da—sir."

NOTE: here's today's chapter ! hope you guys liked it.