"I'm sorry. That was out of line-"

"No!" Oikawa interrupted. "No. I didn't mind. I, uh, kind of enjoyed it."

Iwaizumi groaned and buried his head between his knees.

"You are the worst, Oikawa."

"Eh!"

Oikawa, taking offense to Iwaizumi's comment, smacked his on the side of his head. The black-haired boy's head shot up. He scowled.

"What the hell was that for?" he demanded.

"For telling me I'm the worst," Oikawa replied, flipping imaginary hair behind his shoulder.

"Fine. You're not the worst but you sure as hell are one of the most embarrassing."

"Oh, but you like that, don't you? At least a little bit."

"Why on earth would you assume that?"

Oikawa smirked and raised his eyebrows.

"We were in a relationship, might I remind you."

"That was then and this is now."

"Are you implying something."

"In what way could you twist my words into making you think I'm implying something?"

Oikawa waved his hand in a dismissive gesture.

"Oh, leave it. Forget I said anything," he said.

"The worst," Iwaizumi mumbled under his breath.

Oikawa scrunched his nose in distaste.

"I may be embarrassing but I'm not deaf!"

<> <> <>

Iwaizumi stepped through the front doors of the school, beginning his journey home. He quickly looked over his shoulder to check for stalkers with creepy smiles. Deciding it was safe, he walked down the path to the front gates. He enjoyed walking in the sun; it warmed him despite the chill of the air.

"Iwa-chan!" he heard.

Iwaizumi dropped his head in disappointment and groaned. The soft patter of feet became louder and louder until his companion stopped at his side.

"Hey, Iwa-chan," Oikawa greeted, falling into step with Iwaizumi.

"What do you want?" Iwaizumi grumbled.

Oikawa took a finger and pressed between his eyebrows.

"What are you doing?"

"You'll get wrinkles if you keep scowling like that, Iwa-chan," informed Oikawa.

"Only you would know that."

"It's more of a common thing."

Iwaizumi sighed.

"You still haven't answered my question, Oikawa," he said.

"What was it again?"

"What do you want?"

"I want to walk home with you."

Iwaizumi frowned.

"Again?"

Oikawa's face dropped, a hurt look forming.

"Is there something wrong with that?" he asked.

"No, not really."

Oikawa's face changed from hurt to sad.

"Then why are you always so grumpy when I'm around?"

Because it's painful, idiot, Iwaizumi thought.

"No reason. I guess it's just natural instinct," Iwaizumi lied.

"Well you should fix that. It's not very nice."

"I'll try."

They fell into silence. The branches on the trees groaned in the wind, disturbing the light of the sun. It flickered and the shadows danced with it. Oikawa raised his head to look at the sky. It was a flawless blue, the clouds far away from where they were. Iwaizumi watched him from the corner of his eye. He quickly looked away when Oikawa turned his head to look at him. 

"Hey Iwa-chan, can I hold your hand?"

Iwaizumi, being caught of guard, stumbled for words.

"W-what? What the hell? Why?"

"My hands are cold and I don't have gloves," Oikawa explained.

"It's not even winter!"

"That doesn't change the fact that my hands are cold!"

"But you have two hands."

"And?"

"I can only hold one."

"One is better than none."

Iwaizumi's face was hot and red. He looked away. After a few moments, he mumbled,"Fine."

Oikawa grinned and happily took ahold of his right hand.

The rest of their trip was in silence, their hands gripped together the whole time. The boys arrived at Oikawa's house after a small amount of time. They stopped in front of the steps leading to the door. Then, Oikawa willingly let go of Iwaizumi's hand. Iwaizumi felt the cold hit his hand and felt an odd emptiness. Turning to face him, Oikawa smiled. He briskly leaned forward and pecked Iwaizumi on his cheek.

"Thanks for walking me home, Iwa-chan. I'll see you tomorrow," he said and bounded up the steps and into his house.